MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Wow. This dude is truly a legend. All these cookbooks, invented the turducken, and helped Emeril.
That's impressive.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
jamus34
Full Fledged Farker

Yeah, I've been meaning to pick up that book for a while now...no good local places for Cajun means I need to start cooking it for myself.

22.5 OTS, 22.5 WSM, SJG (and soon to have the tamale pot mini-WSM conversion built)

Stealth gray Thermopen

jamus34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #18
Shooter1
Full Fledged Farker

I have the same book, one of the first I bought although mine shows the use. The protective cover is pretty ragged and there are ingredient stains throughout. I have made most of the recipes over the years and they were all great. I purchased the book exclusively at the time just to make blackened redfish. They were plentiful and it was easy to bring home a stringer of beautiful redfish. In fact the blackened redfish craze is what eventually caused the Florida redfish fishery to close. One of the largest commercial fish processors was caught with over 70,000 lbs. of illegal redfish. They did away with netting and placed some heavy restrictions on recreational fishermen. I forget what the current restrictions are now but the redfish have come back strong. Great Book!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #19
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

i recently got a copy of The Evolution of Cajun and Creole Cuisine by John Folse and am very impressed with it. Got a gently-used one from Amazon for around $7 (and it was even signed)

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote