Teach me how to do Pork Steaks!!!

It has been a long time since I live in STL (where pork steaks are king) and all I remember is season, sear, and braise in a pan filled with a gallon Maulls sauce and a couple of busch lights (must be cheap STL beer). Braise until way over done and try to enjoy :oops:

Attachments

• 220px-Maulls_xl.jpg
    220px-Maulls_xl.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 53
It has been a long time since I live in STL (where pork steaks are king) and all I remember is season, sear, and braise in a pan filled with a gallon Maulls sauce and a couple of busch lights (must be cheap STL beer). Braise until way over done and try to enjoy :oops:

If you had to "try" to enjoy a real STL pork steak...you weren't in Saint Louis! :thumb:

Busch Light might be cheap but its better than Natty! I don't even cook them in beer anyway. Its a waste when a little Q sauce in the pan works just as good.

If you had to "try" to enjoy a real STL pork steak...you weren't in Saint Louis! :thumb:

Busch Light might be cheap but its better than Natty! I don't even cook them in beer anyway. Its a waste when a little Q sauce in the pan works just as good.

Natty is the good stuff, would never waste that mixing it in a sauce. :tsk:

Dont get me wrong, I love pork steaks (the way I described is what I grew up on and I am pretty sure there are better ways to make them). Following this thread find out how to really cook them.

They go great with Cards and Blues games :clap2:

Natty is the good stuff, would never waste that mixing it in a sauce. :tsk:

Dont get me wrong, I love pork steaks (the way I described is what I grew up on and I am pretty sure there are better ways to make them). Following this thread find out how to really cook them.

They go great with Cards and Blues games :clap2:
Hey now, I never said that Busch Light was good either :laugh:

I like the heavy stuff, (regular) Busch, Bud, or Stag. Grew up around all the uncle's and my grandpa drinking the stuff so that's what I naturally drifted towards. Honestly, I'm more of a Cherry Coke and Beam kinda guy though anyway.

And hey, no worries about the steaks. Just rattling your cage a bit! :biggrin1:

Go Blues!! Go Cards!

I've never had a pork steak that wasn't sauced on the grill then placed in an aluminum tray full of more sauce until eating. They are a staple of backyard cookouts around here so I've had them cooked almost every way imaginable and they are all pretty good if they aren't overcooked. They are super cheap so buy a bunch if you can find them and just experiment.

As for the beer, sometimes people will use it in their sauce but I wouldn't call it "the rule." If you are gonna use it, at least make it a Busch heavy.

Nothing better that a good pork steak!!!!

We like them about a 1/2" thick. Grilled using direct heat on the Weber until almost done the sauce, flip and repeat until the sauce gets sticky and a little charr shows up. Some mac and cheese on the side and you have reached true "Happiness". :hungry:

DSCN3066-1_zps6c698549.jpg

Back