MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #166
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillinFool View Post
I have the offset and it's terrible, but I want one of these.
I had the #3001 gas grill and loved it. I loved it dearly all the way up to the point where I gave it to my GF's brother. I didn't rid myself of it because it wasn't a good grill. I just switched back to charcoal and didn't use it anymore. My GF and I both decided that we preferred the flavor of the food cooked over charcoal much better.

I have a chicken on the Kamado right now so we'll have a new video tonight :)
JMSetzler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #167
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Been following this thread from the beginning. JM you have done us all a great service with all the work you put into this review.

I went north yesterday and Lowes had no clue what this was, all thought they did look it up and tell me they did not stock it.

This afternoon I went south and found the little bugger. So, yes I did pull the trigger. I opted to put it together myself as I noticed that they had not done such a great job doing it.

Oh yea, no coupon but I always get 10% Veterans discount. $269.10 plus tax, how could I go wrong?

And the best part, my wife Sharon (BHSLH) told me to put it on her credit card.

She must want something?

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #168
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jim View Post

She must want something?
She want's some of daddy's good cookin' :D

Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #169
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Today's cook on the Char-Griller Kamado....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1vnAA_b2bk

5.5lb chicken...

Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #170
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
She want's some of daddy's good cookin' :D
Actually when she came home and I told her that I bought it she said I could just give her the cash that I put on her card. She just wanted the points. Go Figure
Still a good deal!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #171
Flat_Rate
On the road to being a farker

I am out of luck, all the Lowes around me are out of stock until the 15th, my local Home Depot has Performers on sale for $260.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #172
Nomo4me

My experience is a Kamado style and Performer are a great compliment to each other. Like many here, my opinion is that the propane start on the Performer is worth the $ bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_Rate View Post
I am out of luck, all the Lowes around me are out of stock until the 15th, my local Home Depot has Performers on sale for $260.
Nomo4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #173
Ross
Knows what a fatty is.

I would love for you to post this over in the Egghead Forum. Those guys get so riled up when someone posts anything that compete with their BGE's.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #174
Nomo4me

He did, and they were polite about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I would love for you to post this over in the Egghead Forum. Those guys get so riled up when someone posts anything that compete with their BGE's.
Nomo4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #175
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I actually did. I went there when I was shopping for an egg to get some advice. When I decided to get this instead, i started a thread about it called "Forgive me Eggheads for I have Sinned." It met with mixed reactions. Most of them were what I expected.... It'll never be as good as an egg... you get what you pay for... etc... etc... A couple of them asked me more about what I had bought and I posted the video links.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #176
sullysQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks JM, Great Stuff been looking at BGE too but price was always a kicker. This might just be the ticket.
Did find this owners manual while browsing for info on it

http://ftp.chargriller.com/manuals/6719OM.pdf
sullysQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #177
OlyQ
Full Fledged Farker

I should of never opened this thread . But So Glad I did

Thanks for all the vid's updates . My Gasser Died a few years ago and I have been using a small kettle but this will be my next grill purchase .. A man needs more cookers .
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #178
JS-TX
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
I actually did. I went there when I was shopping for an egg to get some advice. When I decided to get this instead, i started a thread about it called "Forgive me Eggheads for I have Sinned." It met with mixed reactions. Most of them were what I expected.... It'll never be as good as an egg... you get what you pay for... etc... etc... A couple of them asked me more about what I had bought and I posted the video links.
I used to lurk on that forum a couple years ago and most of those guys were brutal on anything that wasn't a BGE. Lurked earlier today and they seemed to have improved on that some.

Chicken looks great, what kind of pan setup did you use for it. I don't have much luck when it comes to finding smaller accessories like that. Another great vid post. Thanks!
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #179
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
I used to lurk on that forum a couple years ago and most of those guys were brutal on anything that wasn't a BGE. Lurked earlier today and they seemed to have improved on that some.

Chicken looks great, what kind of pan setup did you use for it. I don't have much luck when it comes to finding smaller accessories like that. Another great vid post. Thanks!
I have nothing against people having a lot of pride in the gear they own and use. I'm the same way.

I used a pizza pan as a heat deflector and then i just put that little roasting pan with the rack on the cast iron grate. I could have done without that but I'm still working on seasoning up my CI grate. I sprayed it down with some cooking oil before i started the cook. That roasting pan and rack are the ones that came with my Oster Toaster Oven :)

Old 03-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #180
Ross
Knows what a fatty is.

Funny, a couple months back, I found a post on their forum about the Vision Kamado Grill that I purchased from Costco. Most of the comments were negative, that the quality wasn't in the same league as BGE. I piped in that I recently purchased the grill and was very happy with it. Wow, did I make a mistake. What followed was an all out flaming session. I didn't back down and actually thought I did an OK job of putting a couple of their biggest bullies in their place. Eventually a few other regulars came to my defense and the thread calmed down. I noticed since then, they've been a bit more receptive to other's opinions.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
char-griller, chargriller, Kamado