Favorite Kitchen gadget vs the not so favorite!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What is yours? Mine..

Favorite not in any order

Foodsaver
Waffle maker
Coffee grinder
Food processor
Mixing wand thingy
Crock pot for French onion soup and Chili
Bagel Size toaster
Thermapen (Blue):becky:

Not so favorite take up counter pantry space :evil:

MY WIFE'S electric wok that is hard as he!! to clean
Cup of utensils that you can never get any thing in an when you take something out you get three or four things you didnt want.
Cookie pans that I inherited when I said I do! Piece of copy paper is thinker
The spice rack that I refused to use that is prolly 10 years old.
Non Stick frying pans that everything sticks too.

Bottle Opener.

Recycling bin that holds the dead ones :drama:

favorite - electric fryer

least favorite - cleaning said electric fryer

Favorites:
manual can opener
coring tool for abt's

Least Favorite:
george foreman grill. although its great for grilled cheese sandwiches

I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to kitchen gadgets. For example, I've got many different size rice cookers-they're called pans.

My one indulgence is a commercial Globe automatic meat slicer. $2.50/lb cheese has never tasted so good.

thermapen - while my wife was always good in the kitchen, she had a tendancy to slightly overcook meat/chicken/fish to be on the safe side. now with the thermapen and a cheat sheet on when to pull food from the oven or the grill she's a master.

i'm having problems picking a least favorite. if we pick up a gadget and it doesn't work too well it gets tossed pretty quickly. if forced to answer it would be the *automatic* shrimp peeler.

favs...
-food processor and mini processor
-my asian style cleaver.. beware any burglar when I am home, as this thing will take your arm or head off
-cutting board
(are these last two gadgets? don't know but they my favorites!)

non favorite...
DAMN tupperware drawer! Swear that thing is out to get me!

Favorite is Aritsugu Nakiri. Japanese Vegetable slicing knife. Got it in Kyoto, their store in Kyoto has been in the same family for 600 years! They engraved my name on it, then they finished it on "the new stone". By the new stone, they meant the wheel that has only been there for 250 years.
I can slice a tomato so thin you can fax it.

Least is the big juicer. Got it at a yard sale, its a cool guy industrial type. The juice is wonderful, but I would rather clean out a nuclear reactor than that damn thing.:mad2:

non favorite...
DAMN tupperware drawer! Swear that thing is out to get me!

Amen brother! I harvest the like Tupperware butter containers, whip cream tubs ect. I just started using them to bring my lunch to work. Bawhahahahaha but they never seem to come home!

Fav, my super fast and super accurate Thermapen and Foodsaver.

Don't have a least cause if it does not serve a purpose, garage sale item!

Favorites;
Thermapen, food processor, kitchen aid mixer, blender, spice/coffee grinder, waffle maker, toaster, cork screw, hand mixer.

Least Favorite;
electric can opener, juicer(nightmare to clean), slap chop:rolleyes:, spice rack my son got me and I don't use. salad spinner(handy but doesn't get much use)

Favorites:
Cuisinart Mini Food Processor, makes chopping herbs and garlic a breeze...easy clean up too.

Least Favorite:
Coffee maker, one of the types with a reusable filter that is hard as hell to clean and a stainless steel sealable pot. It's supposed to keep coffee hot longer...they definitely didn't have any brains on hand when they desinged it. I am just too cheap to go get a new one...

Hmmm....
my favorites would be
a non-electric can opener
a sharp paring knife
a big wooden spoon (from my mom)
my wooden rolling pin

least favorites
my food processor (maybe I need a mini one)
my hand-crank pasta machine ( I like rolling it out with my wooden pin :-D)

I'm not big on gadgets, unless they are multi-task tools.

I can see where the non-electric can opener shows up here a lot. There's something to be said for a device that just works well, doesn't take up a lot of space in the drawer, and is easy to clean. Besides my non-electric can opener, my favorite is my set of Miracle Blades, especially the Santoku knife (laugh it up all you knife snobs; these are a LOT cheaper and work great for everyday use).

My least favorite would have to be the food processor. I like how it works, but hate the cleaning process afterward.

I can see where the non-electric can opener shows up here a lot. There's something to be said for a device that just works well, doesn't take up a lot of space in the drawer, and is easy to clean. Besides my non-electric can opener, my favorite is my set of Miracle Blades, especially the Santoku knife (laugh it up all you knife snobs; these are a LOT cheaper and work great for everyday use).

My least favorite would have to be the food processor. I like how it works, but hate the cleaning process afterward.

Blenders are much easier to clean.

my fav. has to be my food saver, Dakota Sausage Stuffer, and my mini processor.

least fav. my dull a$$ knives i need to replace

Favorite: Mini Oscar food chopper, Chefs Choice Slicer, Wok, big azz spoon

Least Favorite: Plastic measuring cup with lines missing, some cookie/waffle maker I got as a gift and never used and couldn't dump in a garage sale, dull knves.

Back