• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Road side BBQ, not!

when you all road side vend what time do you start your pork? i got mine down to 8 hrs. that means i would hav to get there by 2 to get the meat on by 3. wow that is early. how do you all do it ? if you dont mind me asking.

Check your local Lowe's stores.
In Wichita, I have seen hot dogs carts set up on the parking lots.
One of the operators stated to a friend of mine that she makes a lunch killing seven days a week.
Steve

Something to think about...

Are there any Harley-Davidson dealers in your area?
Weekends are a time when these dealerships have a lot of lookers, current H-D owners and others who are just bored and dreaming of life on two-wheels not to mention a bunch of employees.
Walk into any of the newer dealerships and you'll often find a small food service or "cafe" and they are always busy; folks waiting for their bike to be serviced, tourists buying their newest t-shirt, etc.
Barnett's H-D in El Paso has free burgers and dogs on the weekends for those who make a purchase in the store, big or small and they cook them on a little gas grill and thay taste like crap BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS JAMMED WITH HUNGRY BIKERS!
Now fast-forward to you, some GREAT BBQ and reasonable prices. The smell alone will draw them to you, the dealer benefits if your fare is tasty and people want to come back next weekend (more t-shirt sales) and what food fits in with the biker culture better than BBQ?
Talk to the dealer, ask for a spot, offer to throw on some horrible frozen patties or mystery-meat dogs (at his expense) to give away to the shoppers that buy shirts and watch how quickly they are by-passing that junk to get some REAL GRUB.
I've talked with my local dealer and he sees it as a win-win situation. Of course it always helps when you have laid down $24k for a Harley (gives you a little leverage.)

Just my .02 worth.

-Guppie

Are there any Harley-Davidson dealers in your area?
Weekends are a time when these dealerships have a lot of lookers, current H-D owners and others who are just bored and dreaming of life on two-wheels not to mention a bunch of employees.
Walk into any of the newer dealerships and you'll often find a small food service or "cafe" and they are always busy; folks waiting for their bike to be serviced, tourists buying their newest t-shirt, etc.
Barnett's H-D in El Paso has free burgers and dogs on the weekends for those who make a purchase in the store, big or small and they cook them on a little gas grill and thay taste like crap BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS JAMMED WITH HUNGRY BIKERS!
Now fast-forward to you, some GREAT BBQ and reasonable prices. The smell alone will draw them to you, the dealer benefits if your fare is tasty and people want to come back next weekend (more t-shirt sales) and what food fits in with the biker culture better than BBQ?
Talk to the dealer, ask for a spot, offer to throw on some horrible frozen patties or mystery-meat dogs (at his expense) to give away to the shoppers that buy shirts and watch how quickly they are by-passing that junk to get some REAL GRUB.
I've talked with my local dealer and he sees it as a win-win situation. Of course it always helps when you have laid down $24k for a Harley (gives you a little leverage.)

Just my .02 worth.

-Guppie
Thanks, I've been so busy I haven't had time to smoke anything. Vaction, school, Moving in laws, ect. Hope to get back on track in 4 weeks.

when you all road side vend what time do you start your pork? i got mine down to 8 hrs. that means i would hav to get there by 2 to get the meat on by 3. wow that is early. how do you all do it ? if you dont mind me asking.

When I go mobile, my plan is to smoke today and serve tomorrow. My smoker converts well to reheat so it'll only be on-site for that, and do to be eye-catching.

Any breweries near you? We're going to be looking to serve at "Pint Nights" and things like that, beyond parking lots.

Large cooks beginning of the week. Brisket and pork reheat excellent. Ribs and chicken are cooked fresh daily. :thumb:

Back