• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Petition to allow KCBS membership electronic access to Board of Directors meetings.

The Board passed the motion to place an electronic recording of the Meeting of the Board on the KCBS members only section of the web site.

File will be sent to MMA today for posting. (Don't know what the time factor will be.)

Thank you to all who took an interest in this issue.

Merl

This is great news and I want to thank all of the BoD members who voted in favor of it. Most of all I want to thank all those who made their feelings known to the BoD, either by petition or e-mail. this proves that YOU can make a difference!

The question about a KCBS Forum
one BoD member said last week
"Do you realize if we have a forum you will have to answer their questions?"

The question about a KCBS Forum
one BoD member said last week
"Do you realize if we have a forum you will have to answer their questions?"
Who said it? I want to make sure I do NOT vote for them again... :boxing:

Update:
I was not able to get to MMA the meeting recording until yesterday. (The file is huge.) MMA hopes to have the recording online by this weekend, if no problems or the beginning of the week. Sorry we had to work out some technical issues. I expect the meetings to be posted quickly after this.
Merl

Update:
I was not able to get to MMA the meeting recording until yesterday. (The file is huge.) MMA hopes to have the recording online by this weekend, if no problems or the beginning of the week. Sorry we had to work out some technical issues. I expect the meetings to be posted quickly after this.
Merl
Thanks Merl!! But, in all honesty, getting up this quickly is still pretty outstanding, given that it was the first one...
Kudos!:clap2:

Thanks Merl!! But, in all honesty, getting up this quickly is still pretty outstanding, given that it was the first one...
Kudos!:clap2:

I just received word that the mp3 is up and available to all members. Instructions are being posted in the news section and the mp3 file is in the resources section under downloads. (I think)
Merl

Jorge,
we use and independent web provider, Garry Howard, so I guess, (but don't know) that it would be KCBS. MMA manages it.
You might ask Carolyn.
Merl

Interesting recording.

I believe the motion to institute an official KCBS forum was rejected because the proposal was not fully fleshed out. An initiative of this magnitude (make no mistake - it would dramatically alter the culture of KCBS for many members) must be completely documented with the needs of all the stakeholders considered and dealt with in black and white.

The comment by the board member above was legitimate. It isn't realistic to think that a motion proposing that "I've got some people lined up to handle moderation" would pass. I believe that a formal proposal including multiple software bids, a defined committee structure to handle moderation and methodology to present community concerns voiced on the forum to BoD members would have a serious chance to succeed.

Perhaps the place to begin would be to define the goals for a forum committee and move to create such a committee to prepare a detailed proposal for the Board to vote on at a later date. A more open and inclusive process for choosing a solution, defining policy and managing the flow of official information via a forum might succeed where the "I've got the answer" approach failed to garner enough support to pass.

Back