A Gracious Good Morning to y'all

GVDub

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Howdy! I've George Van Wagner, aka GVDub, and I've been grilling, in one fashion or another since I was a kid back when TVs only had 13 channels, and most of them were static.

I'm also a guitar-playing musician, recording engineer, producer, songwriter, half-assed music journalist and writer of (thus far) unpublished fiction.

I've done cooks on everything from a cheap supermarket hibachi to offset firebox smokers, and currently am cooking on a crappy, leaky, "temp control? What temp control" Home Depot grill and am looking to upgrade to something a little better.

I know, through the music connection, Sterling Ball from Big Poppa, and have been looking with interest at his UDS kit, but am also attracted to the PBC, so registered here to see what other folks have to say. Back before the economy melted down last decade, we had a house with a nice backyard and I had to chapped, channeled and heavily modified cheap offset smoker on which I would turn out a batch of Carolina-style pulled pork a couple of times a year and throw a bash. Hoping to get back to that, plus explore new things to put over a well-banked, slow-burning fire.

Welocme to the asylum, George!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome from SC, George (that's South Carolina, not Southern California) so, I'll type slow. Seriously, it's good to have you on this great site. The folks here are always eager to share their recipes, ideas, tips, or anything you may need. Just ask away and keep reading.

Good luck and good smoking, Joe

Where I'm at right now

Amateur at work — a few examples:

28836541797_e44e9d80b8_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1019 by George Van Wagner, on Flickr[/IMG]

41964348030_3fbc8592fb_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1020 by George Van Wagner, on Flickr[/IMG]

28836541267_8822318054_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1038 by George Van Wagner, on Flickr[/IMG]

41964344810_36554ec488_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1051 by George Van Wagner, on Flickr[/IMG]

28836540287_d2c9e8a4d3_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1058 by George Van Wagner, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sterling is a great guy. :thumb:
Good looking cooks! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona. Thanks for sharing some of your cooks, looking forward to future cooks.

Not Bad:caked:

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard George, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Thanks! Y'all certainly know how to make a fellow farker feel welcome.

Howdy! I've George Van Wagner, aka GVDub, and I've been grilling, in one fashion or another since I was a kid back when TVs only had 13 channels, and most of them were static.
And stations signed off for the night after playing the national anthem.

Welcome aboard.

Back