Trailer Build Question.

moej

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I have an old Craftsmen yard trailer thats just been laying in the yard for years. It dawned upon me that I could turn that into a good size grill/pit.

However I have on hang up. I'm not sure what I could use as a lid. I was thinking of using 3/4 ply wood and lining the inside with sheet metal, would this work? Or would the metal get to hot and start burning the wood?

Any other idea for a lid? The demisions of the trailer are 34in wide by 48in long, 15in deep.

I was thinking trying to make a dome lid for it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Moe

I have an old Craftsmen yard trailer thats just been laying in the yard for years. It dawned upon me that I could turn that into a good size grill/pit.

However I have on hang up. I'm not sure what I could use as a lid. I was thinking of using 3/4 ply wood and lining the inside with sheet metal, would this work? Or would the metal get to hot and start burning the wood?

Any other idea for a lid? The demisions of the trailer are 34in wide by 48in long, 15in deep.

I was thinking trying to make a dome lid for it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Moe

Use a nice hard wood, plywood has glue and the smoke will make food taste terible...and also keep a spare around..

I think that 15" is too close for direct heat BBQ, and my yard trailers are pretty thin metal, and wouldn't hold the heat very well. I think an ugly drum or cinder block pit would be my choice.

I already have a UDS and am in the process of building a second. I am wanting something bigger for larger cooks. Even more of a grill type deal where i can do the burgers, chinkens, sausages type thing.

As far as a cinder block pit.. I want it to be mobile, and hopfully attach it to a trailer in the future.

Back