• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Catering Research Phase Has Begun For Me.

Here are some of my Spam recipes:

1) Throw the Spam away and cook something good.
2) Smash it with a big arse wood splitter. See #1
3) Set it on a log and cook it in the middle of a hot fire for about 12 hours and then have a drunk kid eat it. See # 1

Feel free to use any or all recipes. :roll:

Hey Steve, good luck with the catering thingie. You always know where a taster/helper is.

I have done the same up here in washington state I have run all the road blocks and I have gotten my health permit and business lic and when the lady ask me if I had wheel chair acc, I just smiled and said yes. Thur was our frist day in front of Ace Hardware here and like clock work the health inspector drove by, but didn't stop so that's a good thing, After you get over the first hump the rest is easy, Get you a list of things to do people places and things to do, keep all the people you talk to there names and ext. this will help when you talk to the same person again, Be so sweet until honey drips from your lips. All the lic are for fixed location only they have to change the wording for us also. And above all have fun and don't over think it!

Thanks to all of you for the great advice.
I got my SafeServ Certification today! Yippee!:mrgreen:
Still need to call the HD back about that stationary license -vs- mobile license issue.
Also, the insurance co. said I could get a million dollar policy for $249.00/yr.
If I want a $2,000.00 rider for meat spoilage due to temperature loss it is another $50.00/yr.
Sounds reasonable to me... how about you?
Steve

Jest think when the paper works done and you have set up for the first time how good it will feel! It's all worth it. take a deep breath and smell that BBQ working. Have fun!

Thanks to all of you for the great advice.
I got my SafeServ Certification today! Yippee!:mrgreen:
Still need to call the HD back about that stationary license -vs- mobile license issue.
Also, the insurance co. said I could get a million dollar policy for $249.00/yr.
If I want a $2,000.00 rider for meat spoilage due to temperature loss it is another $50.00/yr.
Sounds reasonable to me... how about you?
Steve

Congrats Steve.
Safeserve not needed here (yet) for catering or vending. Are you planning on a mobile trailer or just on-site catering? No license required to cater i should think. Just common sense.
Liability sounds decent, Mike has our policy but i think its a tad cheaper. Meat spoilage ins.??? Might not be a bad idea.
Keep us updated on your progress!

Congrats Steve.
Safeserve not needed here (yet) for catering or vending. Are you planning on a mobile trailer or just on-site catering? No license required to cater i should think. Just common sense.
Liability sounds decent, Mike has our policy but i think its a tad cheaper. Meat spoilage ins.??? Might not be a bad idea.

Our Liability policy is approx $350 per year and that is for $1 million Umbrella and $10,000 on all equipment... Meat Spoilage is a thought...

Congrats Steve.
I am thinking on-site and drop-off for now...
Have to get more info. from the HD though.
Still have a lot of unanswered questions.:sad:

I am thinking on-site and drop-off for now...
Have to get more info. from the HD though.
Still have a lot of unanswered questions.:sad:

Well, i know it's different from state to state, but thats what were here for!

Shoot us your questions! :biggrin:

Back