MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
tinman
On the road to being a farker

Default Cash and Carry

I am not sure if these stores are all over the US or just local here, but the Cash and Carry stores here in Seattle have amazing prices and selection of meat. I picked up four racks of babybacks the other day for $16. I just scored a 16lb brisket for $31 as well. Their selection is better than the Costco and Sam's club I have been shopping at. Their butts are incredible too. Definitely worth checking out if there is one near you!
Frankenweber!
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

I buy a lot of my meat at the one in Bellevue. CAB is usually less than $2/lb. Bought a cryovac of really nice tri-tips for $4/lb a few weeks ago. I'm always very happy with their pricing and the quality of their meat.
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks like they're only in 5 States - the left coast plus Idaho and Nevada?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
PitRow
is one Smokin' Farker

yeah, they're only here on the left side of rockies. They are awesome fro prices and selection, but usually tend to have stuff on the larger side as they cater towards restaurants and food service. I don't get in there as often as I should but when I do I never come out with less than $100 worth of stuff. Kinda like a Costco on that front.

Don't forget to check their bi-weekly specials and monthly "hot sheet", they often have pretty decent deals on stuff.

https://www.smartfoodservice.com/

Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

That's awesome. I wish we had something like that in virginia.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I'm in Cash and Carry several times a week for work (Tukwila, Lynnwood, Bellingham)...always scout the meat section, looking for the next bbq meal.

Their butts are almost always boneless...been buying bone in at Business Costco in Lynnwood (another great place to score some bbq meats).
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
tdwester
Found some matches.

They are my go to place also. They had a great deal on tri-tip here in Boise.
tdwester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwester View Post
They are my go to place also. They had a great deal on tri-tip here in Boise.
They are my go-to as well. I just wish that they carried fresh chicken and bone-in butts.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
PDXsmoker
Knows what a fatty is.

They greet me by name when I walk in the door....
PDXsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post
They are my go-to as well. I just wish that they carried fresh chicken and bone-in butts.

John
Exactly...

Comp ribs and sometimes brisket come from Cash and Carry. Butts and chicken (when I don't shell out big bucks for air cooled, organic bird) from Business Costco.

One stop shopping would sure be nice!!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
mbshop
Babbling Farker

known as smart and final in southern part of calif. its were i get my brisket and rib packers.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

I officially hate you guys now...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXsmoker View Post
They greet me by name when I walk in the door....
The guys at mine don't do that, but they almost always ask if I have a competition coming up.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Another great item that they have are their shoulder pillows, I think they are called. little 4 lb sections from the picnic shoulder. Make great buckboard bacon, sausage etc...
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
wct
Knows what a fatty is.

That's my go to meat candy store as well in Spokane. I also like their spice aisle. Talk about having everything. If anyone is planning on smoking some cheese, check out their dairy cooler next to the meat cooler. Talk about a good buy on cheese's.
wct is offline   Reply With Quote