• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Catfish n Etouffee

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I made this. It's one of my favorite uses of the catfish I catch while camping or fishing at my favorite little lake.

5nrS9ef.jpg

I make some crawfish etouffee first....
using a blonde butter roux.

BWnGkKj.jpg

6WDy4ul.jpg

add crawfish tails...

DCeW4ZU.jpg

TNNQdEO.jpg

While the etouffee simmers on low, I get the catfish ready. Blackened seasoning for some and cornmeal/cayenne coating for the rest.

YeqIcVD.jpg

I make Paul Prudohomme's recipe for blackened seasoning and tweak it to my taste buds.

QKnnCbJ.jpg

ptVMEjB.jpg

set up my fancy cooker, section of pipe, expanded metal grate, hot water heater burner, rebar legs...

xRHnMjc.jpg

Heat some oil first for the fried catfish..

Y0cpOZr.jpg

tMg5RcD.jpg

q50xPao.jpg

Dumped the oil, wiped the skillet, added butter for the blackened catfish..

HkW8bOh.jpg

xxrrreq.jpg

S2ehdyw.jpg

zOXRGAY.jpg

I can never decide on one or the other so I go for one of each.

Gj0nk69.jpg

Smother with the crawfish etouffee and supper is ready!

Kos5f3c.jpg

By the time supper was ready, it was sprinkling, so I decided to sit on the front porch and enjoy the rain.

deBdk7j.jpg

RjU5scl.jpg

First a bite of the blackened catfish...

MOP7cg0.jpg

Then I dug into the fried catfish...

6L6Kapr.jpg

iIWvQJW.jpg

I can't decide on a favorite. I liked both!

One of my favorite uses of summertime catfish. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

Oh, wow.

That looks ah-mazing!

I haven't had Cajun flavors in a long while.... need to fix that soon. Thank you, Jeanie!

Thanks so much Shadow! I forgot to mention, I put some of the blackening seasoning in the etouffee this time. I liked the "kick". :grin:

Simply DIVINE. Seems like you have a few leftover rolls of hay and a stockpile of freshly rolled bales.Our first cutting is ready now , ,whenever the rain subsides.That dish looks delectable.:clap2:

Simply DIVINE. Seems like you have a few leftover rolls of hay and a stockpile of freshly rolled bales.Our first cutting is ready now , ,whenever the rain subsides.That dish looks delectable.:clap2:

Thanks Hoss! Yep, there are a few more bales elsewhere. The cattle and horses are happy to see spring arrive and to have the tender green grass back. lol
Good luck with your baling! :grin:

Yes Please! That is food for the soul.
Thanks Josh! It is kind of a comfort meal for me. :grin:

As always, looks sumptuous Jeanie!

Thanks so much! I really enjoy this dish. Both catfish and the etouffee are my favorites, they just seem to go together. :grin:

Beautiful plate of deliciousness Jeanie along with some amazing photography.

That is a very good looking meal and that finished plate...beautiful! If you need help picking one fish...blackened every day. Even though I grew up with just cornmeal and seasonings, after I had my first blackened fish, I was sold. Nice job on all the grub :thumb:.

That’s looks SO GOOD. Doesn’t get any better than that. I’d go all blackened but that’s just me. :)

Finish that meal off with some beignets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks fantastic Miss Lady!!!
I'm with the poster above....$0.98 hot dogs and just show us, just one time....that we ain't so far behind, lol

Wonderful meal!

-D

Back