• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Shirley Fabrication - Walk Around Video

Really nice smoker. Helpful vid for someone in the market.
Your wood shed is awesome!

Have you tried a smaller fire to see if it would help? Might be able to remove the diverter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have you tried a smaller fire to see if it would help? Might be able to remove the diverter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not a bad thought, might be worth a try. Thus far, I've tried about every configuration I can, and the only way I can get the warmer to 350-400 to roast is with the baffle block installed in the fire box, blocking off the main chamber and the diverter "turned/lifted". It's not a huge deal at all, I just have the drip tray (really the charcoal ash pan) sitting on top of the diverter (not on the rails as it should)...I just can't "lock" the tray into the rails that would allow me to pull it out during cooks to catch drippings on racks I pull out mid-cook. I think the best solution is to skin the interior with another layer of metal, probably 1/4". This way I can remove the diverter all together....the pan will be the diverter, and with the added mass, it should take the heat like a champ. Minor gripe, easy to work around and ultimately resolve.

If you're handy and can weld or know someone who can, you might consider doing what I'll be doing soon and placing one of these on your pit. With it, you can use this umbrella holder or this, which I plan on building a table top for because you always need more workspace.

Back