Contest Announcment Prairie Festival Smoke Out (Local Iowa BBQ Contest), Huxley, IA - Aug 23, 2008

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Calling all Iowa cooks and judges, new and old. Heres a good starter contest for you cooks that want to get your feet wet.

Deanna called me to help with judging but I have KCBS contest that weekend otherwise I would go help. Thought some of you might be interested.

View attachment 2008_smokeOut_flyer.pdf
View attachment 2008_smokeOut_registration.pdf

If you barbeque – or know someone that barbeques in central Iowa – please read or forward on! Thank you.
My husband, Billy and I were asked to put together the first-ever Prairie Festival Smoke Out here in Huxley on Saturday, August 23rd. Our target audience is the “backyard smoker.� Guys and gals that smoke meat for their family and friends – and would have fun being in an unsanctioned, small-town event.
We are excited about the contest – with the help of our sponsors – we have $500 in CASH prizes and the Grand Prize winner will also receive a Half Hog!
We’ve had lots of inquiries, but currently don’t have anyone registered yet! Please help us get the word out – so Prairie Festival goers can sample some great BBQ – and we can have a successful event!
More information is attached. Registrations are due this Friday, August 15th. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me.
Thanks!
~Deanna
Deanna Faubus
Director & Trainer for The Pampered Chef
703 Parkridge Avenue
Huxley, IA 50124
515-291-8705
deannafaubus@yahoo.com

There are also ones like this in Madrid, Emmetsburgh, and Sgt Bluff coming up and the city of Mitchellville is having an unsanctioned contest with the 4 kcbs entries as well. More info on the iowa bbq site iabbq.org.

Agree with Ray. Lasy April we did a small contest like this at Cookies up in Wall Lake and now we will have about 20 kcbs contest under our belt this year. Great way to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back