• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wanna know what to do with those rib tips?

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
You rub 'em, smoke 'em and sell 'em!

I bought a case of these beauties last night along with a case of the prettiest ribs I've seen in a long time.

538445_4848048992669_1335227102_n.jpg

So I hit them with a new rub I am testing and voila!

73385_4850850502705_565166872_n.jpg

3821_4850850702710_2141105786_n.jpg

602902_4850851422728_855015172_n.jpg

And here are the ribs:

207793_4851208391652_557454686_n.jpg

So whaddaya think?

Looking good man. Rib tips around here are pitmaster privilege. How were they received? As I've know a few people get turned off on the thought of the cartridge. Crazy huh :loco:

Looks great, good job Neil!

My wife actually likes the tips better than the ribs!

Sent from my Android phone.

I can not buy a case of rib tips here but.........I like them as well or better than the ribs on the bone.
Your photos are awesome.

Rib tips and the ribs look amazing! I almost stopped by to get some but had errands to run.

Wow those really are some pretty ribs. That all looks like ya kinda know what you're doing!

Looks fanfarkingtastic!

I like using rib tips for trying new rubs. Or just salt & pepper. :thumb:

There's a chance I'll be off on Thurs. - if that works out, I'll be heading to Century City Farmer's Mkt. :hungry:

I love rib tips. I smoke them, I slow cook them in beans, I think they are very tasty -- certainly not the waste product from spares.

CD

You're right, Neil.... those are pretty! And they do look tasty! :hungry:

+1 a really awesome snack straight off the pit, no sauce
What did you cook the ribs on? Is saw on pitmasters you cooked on a vault

George and Victor are great friends and always support me when I come to Texas. These however were cooked on my Spicewine Trailer. Olivia puts out some awesome food on a large scale.

Looks fanfarkingtastic!

I like using rib tips for trying new rubs. Or just salt & pepper. :thumb:

There's a chance I'll be off on Thurs. - if that works out, I'll be heading to Century City Farmer's Mkt. :hungry:

You know you are always welcome!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Around here (southwest MI, or northcentral IN, think South Bend) rib tips sell alot more than ribs. At the BBQ joints that is. Probably the opposite at the grocery store.

I buy a 10lb. box for about $12 at the famous 'hillbilly meatmarket' in town. Anybody been to Lowery's meat market in Buchanan MI? Or Frankies BBQ in South Bend IN?

Those look awesome btw!

I get a chuckle when people brag it up about throwing away the tips.

Those look fantastic! Ribs look yummy too.

Back