MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #46
NVehr13
Knows what a fatty is.

Made this yesterday but modified it. I added 2 whole pitted fresh peaches, simmered then beat them up with my immersion blender. Came out really nice as i wanted a little fresh sweetness in it.

Actually going to marinate a few beef strips in it and stick them in the dehydrator for jerky. Similar to a jerky marinade i use so i dont see why this wont work.

And of course i had to buy a whole chicken that im gonna glaze up with this on the kettle tonight.
NVehr13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 06-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
jgbmgb
is one Smokin' Farker

Great sauce Joe! Made it this past weekend and it was great! We too are gonna try it with a little something sweet in another batch. The peach idea sounds pretty good! Wouldn't change the original recipe though!!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #48
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks, bro, I'm glad you like it! I screwed up a chuckeye steak tonight on the grill so I put some Shack Attack on it and wow, it was pretty good on the steak too!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #49
Boshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue22 View Post
Now this has become a serious issue. I just used this as Salad Dressing and it rocks. In the morning I'm gonna use it for toothpaste!
I sliced up some tomatoes and cucumbers and put some Shack Attack on them this morning for breakfast. I ended up drinking the juice that was leftover in the bottom of the bowl.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #50
MemphisTrey
On the road to being a farker

I made up a batch last week. I used a special hot sauce my aunt brings me from St Croix that is hot as hades. needless to say, this stuf is amazing!! I plan on using it on every kind of meat I cook
MemphisTrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #51
gtr

Wish I would have opened this thread sooner. Guess what I'll be doing when I get home tonight!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #52
wilhump
Got Wood.

Does the hot sauce need to be vinegar based? The only kind i have laying around the house is Tapitio.
wilhump is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #53
Boshizzle

If you like it go for it. If it needs vinegar, add a little more.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #54
enasnidx
Full Fledged Farker

I didn't have much at home when I made this so I had to use Frank's Red Hot. Turned out mighty tasty. I'm excited to slop up some yardbird on the grill this week! How does it hold up to heat? It seems really thin. Does it take a couple applications to get a good glaze?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #55
Boshizzle

Good question. It should make a good mop but don't know about a glaze because it doesn't have any sugar in it.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #56
keet
Found some matches.

Can't wait to try it!
keet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #57
schlickenmeyer
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks, will give it a try. Been trying to find a good recipe, as almost all commercial sauces have msg and the GF is allergic. Got some big butz, and it is tasty, but I don't do high fructose (stuff is evil), so I will stop in their store this weekend and see if they have any sauces without. Otherwise yours is my new go-to. :)
Weber 22.5" #2, CGSP w/ SFB, CG Akorn, Smokey Joe #2, Mac's BBQ CSG, Blue Thermapen.
schlickenmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #58
eddieh70301
is one Smokin' Farker

I made a batch over the weekend and it seems I am the only one who didn't really care for it. I used an inexpensive hot sauce so maybe that added to the way it tasted. Didn;t really have any flavor other than vinegar and I like vinegar.
Might try another batch but use Tabasco habanero sauce.
I think it would be a good sauce for wings or pork but I cant see myself using it for beef.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #59
jemezspring
is one Smokin' Farker

To me it is not a bbq sauce or finishing sauce but more of a hot sauce. Maybe it was the Sriracha I used as the hot sauce but it is not something I would use for pork. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I will use it as a hot sauce. It reminded me on Louisiana I've used it several times since making on grilled chicken, pork skins, smashed potatoes and eggs. I will make again like before and also try with a little sweet.
jemezspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #60
Boshizzle

Yep, it's not for some, but if u get the recipe right, it's a pretty good vinegar based sauce.