Anybody want to help out at the competition in West, Tx this weekend???

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know that there are some guys out there that have said in the past they would like to come out to help out a team and learn....well here is your chance. My buddy told me this morning he can't make it out this weekend so I need to find some help to keep things on schedule or fly solo (again). Just thougth I would throw this out there to anyone who may want to come out. West is halfway between Waco and Hillsboro. The comp is IBCA and is a fund raiser for thier local Volunteer Fire Department.

This is one of the best IBCA events, anywhere in Texas. Somebody help the guy out!:)

That's pretty cool of you to offer. I learned a lot of what I know (in many of my hobbies) from taking advantage of offers like this. When someone offers to show you the ropes... don't pass it up.

If there are still slots open and I get rid of this cold completely, I'll be there and going solo as well. I like solo.

West is a fun cook.
You don't have to be pre-reigstered, show up Fri and cook, plenty of room
$15,000 prize money paying 15 places
$150 entry fee, 40x30 spots
electric included
Looks like the weather is gonna be good.
Come on out!

How'd you guys do? I didn't have a very good cook but managed a call in ribs.

I got skunked! :confused: I got a final table call in chicken 19th LOL. I did meet Wayne and Cowboy Don though and that was worth the trip. I love to meet new friends. Also late friday night a suspicious looking guy in a black Mustang showed up and drank some of my beer. Scary guy! lol :heh:

I got skunked! :confused: I got a final table call in chicken 19th LOL. I did meet Wayne and Cowboy Don though and that was worth the trip. I love to meet new friends. Also late friday night a suspicious looking guy in a black Mustang showed up and drank some of my beer. Scary guy! lol :heh:

Did he have a beer gut and gray beard??

No, but he did get a few of my Sierra Nevada Kellerweis before I ran him off. :wink: Good times!

Back