The 4th. Carne Asada, Smoked Meatloaf and Tri-Tip

Hyper

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Kind of an unusual mix of stuff but I have a strange bunch coming over so I'm making a little something for everyone.

I have six big Tri-Tips in the fridge just waiting to go on the Weber Kettle! Will be slicing for those who just want meat and then BBQ Tri-Tip Sandwiches for those that want something in sammich form :thumb:

Then there's Carne Asada tacos if you want something with a little flare to it. Grabbed a few pounds of Skirt Steak, seasoned it up and it's soaking in a marinade until tomorrow.

P1020683.jpg

P1020684-1.jpg

Then we have the Smoked Meatloaf. I figured that I'd do that tonight and then warm it up and give it a finishing glaze tomorrow.

P1020686-1.jpg

P1020687-1.jpg

P1020688-1.jpg

P1020689.jpg

P1020690-1.jpg

P1020691-1.jpg

P1020692-1.jpg

P1020695-1.jpg

I had to sample the finished product just to make sure that it was edible! :becky: Good stuff. Will post up pics of the Tri-Tip tomorrow. :thumb:

DUDE, smoked meat loaf on fresh baked french bread with swiss cheese. AMAZING sammies right thre. Oh and glazed with a nice spicy bbq sauce. MMMM. never made carne. Looks good though. Is skirt steak tough?

thanx

DUDE, smoked meat loaf on fresh baked french bread with swiss cheese. AMAZING sammies right thre. Oh and glazed with a nice spicy bbq sauce. MMMM. never made carne. Looks good though. Is skirt steak tough?

thanx

Skirt Steak can get tough if you cook it past medium. You want to cook it on hi heat give it a quick flip and then pull it to rest for a while. It's really good stuff!

Skirt Steak can get tough if you cook it past medium. You want to cook it on hi heat give it a quick flip and then pull it to rest for a while. It's really good stuff!
Interesting. So cook like 2 min on hi each side? then rest eh. never cooked skirt steak. i rarely cook steak.

I have never tried smoked meat loaf. I have to try that it sounds and looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. :-D

Back