MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Default New Catering/vending Trailer

CUSTOM CONCESSION TRAILERS BY; WorldWide Trailer Sales, Inc. / Olympia

Well it is time to think about expanding for next year and this is one of the makers I am looking at. I would also like all pros and cons of Fec's OHP's and Southern Prides which is what I will be putting on it. As of now the FEC has the edge. All advice is greatly welcome.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

OMG!!!

I'd NEVER want to leave work!
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

That trailer is farkin sweet!

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Have you checked out these guys? http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/ This is where I will be buying my concession trailer when I get the funding. Good people, give them a shout!

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
OMG!!!

I'd NEVER want to leave work!
If it had a bed, I never would!

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post

Well it is time to think about expanding for next year and this is one of the makers I am looking at. I would also like all pros and cons of Fec's OHP's and Southern Prides which is what I will be putting on it. As of now the FEC has the edge. All advice is greatly welcome.
Sweet rig!

The FEC or Southern Pride would be great. A lot depends on whether you want to be tied to a gas tank and logs. Obviously ash clean up with the FEC is much easier and you'll need electric no matter which way you go.

Decisions, decisions!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Dang, that is more kitchen than I have in my house.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
getyourrubonbbq
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanbbq View Post
Have you checked out these guys? http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/ This is where I will be buying my concession trailer when I get the funding. Good people, give them a shout!
Thanks Bossmanbbq! I appreciate it. Just give us a chance to quote them guys. In reality, I could build that trailer and the buyer finish it out with the equipment they need for about half of what that one list for.
[URL="http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com"]www.extremebbqtrailers.com[/URL]
getyourrubonbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourrubonbbq View Post
Thanks Bossmanbbq! I appreciate it. Just give us a chance to quote them guys. In reality, I could build that trailer and the buyer finish it out with the equipment they need for about half of what that one list for.
that is why I called you

just need to sell something and I am rolling!
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
hossrocks
On the road to being a farker

Quote:

Man, thats a sweet rig Kevin... Couple of things to think about. Is this going to be just for roadside or do you plan to do festivals, comps and such?
(A) Trailer that size will a be hard to move around in most festivals and events.
(B) Very expensive to place. I run a 20ft and can fit in most space alotments. It will cost you almost double in most situations for a 30ft unit.
(C) Hope you have a 1 ton truck to pull it.

Tough to say which is better between the FE and the SP. Roto or shelving both huge capacity... I would go for the FE750. Plenty of cooking area and fairly efficiant on fuel. Seems the FE it would be easier to clean to.

Just my .02
[B]Kuna, ID[/B]
[URL="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com"]www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com[/URL]
Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Traeger 150
30x72 Reverse Flow Offset
16ft Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
12ft Full service Mobile Kitchen
hossrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossrocks View Post
Man, thats a sweet rig Kevin... Couple of things to think about. Is this going to be just for roadside or do you plan to do festivals, comps and such?
(A) Trailer that size will a be hard to move around in most festivals and events.
(B) Very expensive to place. I run a 20ft and can fit in most space alotments. It will cost you almost double in most situations for a 30ft unit.
(C) Hope you have a 1 ton truck to pull it.

Tough to say which is better between the FE and the SP. Roto or shelving both huge capacity... I would go for the FE750. Plenty of cooking area and fairly efficiant on fuel. Seems the FE it would be easier to clean to.

Just my .02

Ya with the rig I have now I am already buying two spots. It will be a big change for me going to and FEC over the BWS but it needs to be done. I don't care what I use as long as it puts out the product I want it to. As far as the truck I have a 3/4 ton that i will modify for the short term until i get anotherone.This will be my roadside and catering rig the last one I hope so I will get all the goodies i can in it. How is business bud it has been slamin here.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
hossrocks
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Ya with the rig I have now I am already buying two spots. It will be a big change for me going to and FEC over the BWS but it needs to be done. I don't care what I use as long as it puts out the product I want it to. As far as the truck I have a 3/4 ton that i will modify for the short term until i get anotherone.This will be my roadside and catering rig the last one I hope so I will get all the goodies i can in it. How is business bud it has been slamin here.
Biz is good!... Catering is pickin up quickly and the vending is coming around. I'm not in the orginal location anymore. Rent was too high and believe it or not the traffic was to heavy!!! Almost impossible to get in or out of the lot I was in. We are vending weekends for now when the weather is nice. If I get most of the catering gigs I'm bidding it will be a full time job this summer.
[B]Kuna, ID[/B]
[URL="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com"]www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com[/URL]
Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Traeger 150
30x72 Reverse Flow Offset
16ft Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
12ft Full service Mobile Kitchen
hossrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Nice bud and thats the plan full time Q'n here also.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
ASUBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Hiya AFU, when ya gonna update your website, add your roadside schedule and such? We wanna come up for some BBQ! ASU
ASUBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBBQ View Post
Hiya AFU, when ya gonna update your website, add your roadside schedule and such? We wanna come up for some BBQ! ASU
I will tell my web guy/brother/partner that he is slackin.We are ther tues thru friday 11-5 and sat if we are not catering.