MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Durzil
Full Fledged Farker

Default Football Championship Sunday - What's Que'n?

Man these playoffs have been great! My Steelers dropped the ball this year so I've been pulling for West coast teams. I was hoping Seattle and Frisco would play for a Super Bowl bid today. Still can't complain with the quality of the games.

So who's everyone rooting for? What's on the menu? Post up some pics of Pron! Party pics are great too! Anyone at the games?

I'm rooting for a Harbaugh Super Bowl myself. Got 3 racks of St. Louis spares on the UDS and have bourbon baked beans and ABT's lined up as well. Looking forward to a great day of football.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Baby backs and baked beans on the BWS Party. Rooting for the harbaughs.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Carolina gamecock
On the road to being a farker

Wanting 49ers and ravens. Also, chili is on!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358712877.161454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Durzil
Full Fledged Farker

Har-Bowl!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave
Default Any good hot wing recipes?

I'm planning on wings, seared to crisp the skin then smoked. Does anybody have a good hot wing recipe - maybe a rub & marinate/basting sauce??? Now that we have a Har-Bowl, I think I like Baltimore!
dwfisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
Durzil
Full Fledged Farker

So what are the Har-Bowl plans everyone? I'm thinking of doing a Butt myself.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

I'm thinking ribs, brisket and empanadas. Dont think it will happen, as I'm only cooking for 2.
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Enkidu
Take a breath!

I am thinking about cooking some spares for lunch. Haven't cooked ribs in ages and have had a hankering. That said, it will be for me and the wife. I'll actually be watching the game at a bar with friends later.

I am still too depressed that my Seahawks blew what would have been one of the top 5 greatest come-backs in playoff history against Atlanta (due to crappy coaching... I am NOT a Pete Carrol fan). I just have a feeling we would have beaten San Fran and made it it to the the Superbowl if we could have held on for those last 30 seconds.

I suppose I am rooting for Baltimore for three reasons. First, it is really really hard to root for your division rival. Second, it would be cool for Ray Lewis to finish his career with another ring. Third, my wife and all her family are from Cleveland and they are the most bitter sports fans on Earth, whether it is about the Ravens or LeBron, and I am so tired of listening to my wife's family's bitter grudges (my wife agrees with me about Clevelanders).

Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
DownHomeQue
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : DHQ

Thinking some good ole Babybacks.. and smoked sausage.. getting hungry just thinking about it! And i am a die hard eagles fan.. So my team didn't make it either.. Think i am pulling for the Ravens.. because of Ray Lewis.. last Hooray.. and all... either way.. going to do a lot of drinking.. and queing! LOL
DownHomeQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna steal Cowgirl's pulled beef on beer bread idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
I'm planning on wings, seared to crisp the skin then smoked. Does anybody have a good hot wing recipe - maybe a rub & marinate/basting sauce??? Now that we have a Har-Bowl, I think I like Baltimore!

I usually just smoke the wings hot (325-250*) and they get plenty crispy for me. Not like deep fried but hey, they're smoked wings right? I like to rub them with whatever I have around. SM Sweet and Spicy is good but really any rub will do. Then when they're done hit them with Patio Daddio's finger stickin' chicken sauce. It's a great sauce for a party because it's a little bit of heat and a little sweet, not everyone loves them super hot.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
BBQdisciple
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzil View Post
So what are the Har-Bowl plans everyone? I'm thinking of doing a Butt myself.
10 lb shoulder here. Smoke all day saturday and per tradition, picking up a bushel of Sewansecott Eastern shore oysters to shuck throughout the game.
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
MaximumJEFF
Full Fledged Farker

My buddies and I are doing a Wing cook-off and Home Brew contest. Winner gets a full belly

Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

I am smoking a batch of snack sticks and summer sausages.
oifmarine2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
NBBD
is one Smokin' Farker

Ribs and a Fatty, With a side of a homemade minestrone I made sunday..
(-- a lil off topic but any Philly Brethern lucky enough to be heading to wingbowl this year?)
NBBD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #15
Dockman
Got Wood.

Hauling my Electric smoker to the party and another guy is doing wings on them. I really don't care who wins as long as it's a good game.