Today was a blessing-pics

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is my area as you can tell from the mess :biggrin:
IMG_1046.jpg

After the beer bath thread, I just had to try, OH MY GOODNESS!!!:-D I took a bun
and put mustard on it first and then the brat and then the onions and peppers,
the juice from the beer bath saturated the bun and the flavor was awesome.
I used two 12 oz Natural Lights and half # real butter & olive oil for the bath.
IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

I sent Dave Klose a slide show like I posted a little while ago, He sent a suggestion on how to keep the ribs from turning black at the end of cook. What you think? He's the man.
I know the fattie looks like a meatloaf, but that farker was huge!!!
IMG_1060.jpg

This thing was gooood!!!!
Yes after the close call I had Sunday, The Lord really blessed me with a good day.

Last edited:
Food looks great. I'm also digging the guitar with the little amp... Looks like you have a good time when cooking!

Looks great Jacob! Glad you're feeling better! So what was Mr. Klose's secret? :mad:)

That was some good lookin cookin. The ribs look great. ( I want to know the secret as well.)

My thoughts are that the last fatty you smoked officially weighs in as a sausage loaf. The puppy is HUGE.

Good job man.

Food looks great. I'm also digging the guitar with the little amp... Looks like you have a good time when cooking!
I have no problem entertaining myself. I can't play for chit but i'm learning.

Dave told me before I ordered my new pit, that I wasn't just buying a pit, I was also buying his twenty + years of experience, I used less rub with the 3-2-1 method with one of the 2 wrapped and cooler-ed the last hour over hot coals with constant attention, then wrap and back in cooler or serve if ready. The tip is here if you can see it.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ( Less Rub )
My family has been telling me how much my que has improved lately with taste texture etc, I cooked this stuff for 20 + years. But my improvements are what all you Brothers have taught me in the last six months. Thank You for that. When any group of people come together like we do here, great things happen.

Last edited:
Awesome looking food for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Jacob. That looks like a little piece of paradise to me!! Great hang out and Q looks AWESOME BROTHER!!

Good looking grub. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.

Good looking grub. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.
I did Brother, Matthew and I had a great time, I can only play a few songs on the guitar. So We spent the morning playing and singing Amazing Grace, Tramp On The Street, If I could Hear my Mother Pray again, And one of my favorites- Cardboard signs and yard sales.:biggrin:
neither of us ever got out of our jamas, It was a good day. The best thing of all, I invited my mother-in- law and sister-in- law to dinner. But She 's got in my Kitchen and has scrub it spotless, floor to ceiling. So I know she enjoyed her food.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Good lookin' groceries!!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing Jacob, good looking grub! One thought crossed my mind as I looked at the first pic though..., that chimney will hold a lot more charcoal if you flip it over. :-D

nice brother! n i c e

can't beat cast iron for a pepper & beer bath!

me? i've got reggae muzak jammin on the ipod when i q :cool:

Thanks for sharing Jacob, good looking grub! One thought crossed my mind as I looked at the first pic though...,
that chimney will hold a lot more charcoal if you flip it over. :-D
Now that explains a lot:biggrin: learning more every day:wink:

great looking ribs. nice set up - how far away to the closest neighbor?

Back