• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Whole Ribeye Rib

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last week they put Ribeye Roasts on sale for $6.99 a lb. and $5.88 a lb. if you purchased $25.00 of other items. This is a great price so I went in to buy a roast and they didn’t have any good looking ones out in the display case so I asked for one from the back. They brought out a whole rib to cut me one. When I saw it I told them I’d just buy the whole thing. Here it is in the cryovac plastic. (Approx. 21” long and 22 lbs.)

Unwrapped.

It was so big I cut it in half for easier handling.

Oooh! Nice color.

I cut it into approximate 3” thick, bone-in steaks.

I kept one out for immediate use and vacuum packed the rest for future meals.

Oh yeah! :becky:

Nice score! We get prices like that every now and again and I'm hoping for a similar score next time those prices come up.

Nice looking roast you lucky carnivore. One of my goto stores has prime for $5.99 but I can't justify a whole or even a half a roast. Maybe 3 ribs. Good eating to you and yours.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I have had pretty good results with Albertson's Prime ribs, although I haven't bought one there for several years, I prefer Cash and Carry.

Next time you "take the plunge" like that Jeff, tell the butcher that you'll save him the time and trouble of cutting it and ask him if he'll give you a better deal. The last time I did that, it was either Albertson's or Safeway, and I believe it was Albertson's, but in any case, the butcher gave me an additional .50 cents a pound off the sale price.

Those are some fine looking steaks my friend, looking forward to your future pron:-D.

KC

Albertsons in my area also had a deal on whole NY Strip roast for $4.97/lb. I had always wanted to try one so finally took the plunge. They had one in the case in cryo-vac like the one above that was about 15.35 lbs I believe. They cut and wrapped it for free. I asked for 1.5" steaks but boy, they were all pushing 2" each ! Got 9 huge steaks out of it for a total of $76. One hell of a deal.

Love ribeye's but last couple steaks I cooked, went with NY Strips and they were awesome and these look over the top. Plan to cook a couple up sometime in next couple weeks so crossing fingers.

Nice score! We get prices like that every now and again and I'm hoping for a similar score next time those prices come up.
Thank you Metron. Every year they go on sale like this and I try to pick up a roast to cut steaks off of. I usually just go with a 3 bone roast but the whole cryovac'd rib just looks to looked too good to pass on.

Nice looking roast you lucky carnivore. One of my goto stores has prime for $5.99 but I can't justify a whole or even a half a roast. Maybe 3 ribs. Good eating to you and yours.
Thank you jemezspring. I usually just get a 3 bone roast but this looked too good to pass up.

Back