Tell me about your wood

it will not season very fast in the garage and needs the element of getting rained on and dried out over and over again and also keeping in the garage you could get termites or other bugs in you house .

I've been cutting and burning ( and used to sell ) a lot of wood since the early 70's. I was taught that once I cut and split wood, I should keep it as dry as possible.

Please expound upon how letting wood get wet helps it to dry out. I always thought the old farmers built wood sheds for a reason.

Curious minds want to know...

Hi All Great topic, storing wood...Question is there such a thing of wood being over seasoned for smoking? If so what happens when used?
Thanks DanB

I've been cutting and burning ( and used to sell ) a lot of wood since the early 70's. I was taught that once I cut and split wood, I should keep it as dry as possible.

Please expound upon how letting wood get wet helps it to dry out. I always thought the old farmers built wood sheds for a reason.

Curious minds want to know...

Could be that both methods work. The hot Texas sun that beams down on my stacked firewood seem to dry it out pretty fast and seasons it in a timely manner. Once a stack is seasoned, I do cover the top so that I am able to cook with it. I always have one seasoned stack and one that is in the seasoning process.

Thanks, Springram. I'm not trying to be an azz for asking that, I really do want to know. Never too old to learn!

Hi All Great topic, storing wood...Question is there such a thing of wood being over seasoned for smoking? If so what happens when used?
Thanks DanB

Thanks DanB
It burns quickly and does not leave much of a coal bed. It's ok to use if you mix in some less seasoned wood to keep the coal bed up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back