Christmas party

D

dlh116

I am throwing a Christmas party in two weeks. I am thinking about cooking a brisket or something. I was wondering for some ideas or input on what to cook for a Christmas party.
Thanks

Go get a nice big smoked ham and make a double-smoked ham. It is pretty easy and fail-safe, allowing you to have fun on the big day outside of the food prep.:thumb:. Each household is different though, and some can afford the time cooking. Christmas here is just a bit nuts still, so easy is best.

It's not officially Christmas at the outlaws unless I bring ABTs.

We are having a neighborhood christmas party this weekend, everyone brings something. I have pulled pork in the freezer that I cooked ahead for this. Like Chris said, do something so you can enjoy your party also. I'm making some shrimp in a sauce also (not bbq) but it was a big hit last year.

double smoked ham is good. Deffinetely wouldn't consider it a lesser cook even though it kind-of seems so because it is so easy to do.

Double smoke ham is money! You can also throw in a couple of beerbutt chickens next to it, you can cook them all at the same temp for about the same time.

I usually smoke ham around 300 (same temp i would do the chickens) gives it a crispier finish.

I have heard about moinks. But what is a good recipe? Do you use ground meat or frozen meatballs?
thanks

I've never heard of anyone complaining either way. I have to go the ground meat route as their is gluten in the frozen meatballs (that I've found so far).

I have heard about moinks. But what is a good recipe? Do you use ground meat or frozen meatballs?
thanks

Either way works....but the official moink is pre-cooked meat ball wraped in bacon and slathered with what floats your boat, errrr, bbq taste. Smoke until bacon is crisp ifin usein pre-cooked or until gm is done and bacon is crisp.

Just sayin...........

Paul B
SS UDS

If it's a sit down dinner, brisket is fine. In fact, I'm smoking a brisket for 8 people on Christmas day. But if you're talking about a lot of people eating at different times, brisket might not be your best choice. Ham holds well, and smoked ham is delicious! A big pot of chili works too! For appetizers, you can't go wrong with MOINK Balls and ABTs.

I'm with Blackdog, we have several parties during the year and i was always cooking and never really got to enjoy the party like everybody else. Now I cook ahead, this Christmas party is Pulled Pork and shaved smoked tenderloin in juice, both already cooked and neatly vac-u-sucked and tucked away in the freezer. I'll just pull them out, heat them up and party with the rest of the folk! Last year I did a brisket and Butt for the party, same process.

MY personal favorite Christmas dinner is Prime Rib Roast. HOWEVER....that's a bit pricey, so I guess it depends on how much you like who's coming to the party!:heh:

Ham's pretty hard to screw up, and it's a classic Christmas dinner. As has been suggested, it'll hold well. Here's my favorite recipe:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ham1.html

Stuffed pork loin will get you a pretty good "WOW" factor as well.

........Aw, heck......do one of each!!!!:heh::becky::laugh:

My family loves Turkey, can't get enough of it. I threw them a curveball this year. I have fried turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last 12 years. This year I smoked the turkey in my UDS. I was skeptical, but it was every bit as juicy and delicious as the fried counterpart.

I soaked it in a brine overnight. 1 cup of Sea Salt, 2 cups of Sugar, 1 entire can of Cajun Shake (the small one you get with the injectable marinade).

I put the turkey on the smoker at 250° after rubbing with evoo with a halved onion and a hand full ofgarlic cloves in the cavity for 4.5 hours (14 lb bird).

I will be doing it again for Christmas!

Last edited:
Back