First Brisket...thanks Bigabyte

Brew Crew

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well thank you Bigabyte for the post on basic brisket tutorial. :-D I have not fired up my smoker since I first got her on this past Super Bowl Weekend. I could not get a clean fire and had real bad creasote bitter tasting food for the first three cooks...I got so mad at myself I had yet to try again. :mad2: But with the Cowboys having the first pre-season game of the season today I thought what better time than now to try again. I went to United and they had Brisket on sale for $1.49 a pound so what the heck. I search this great site again and found Bigabytes post and it sure helped. Although I had a pretty clean fire I was hestitant on the final results. I smoked the brisket for the first three hours with no foil, but then I was just thinking of the past cooks on my new smoker and all the wasted meat I ruined on her and could not resist the temptation to wrap her up. I cooked it again for 5 more hours before I tried to insert the probe, and it was just like butter. Well I guess wrapping it really did speed up the cooking process for it kinda fell apart while trying to carve after the rest. :doh: Could have also been the knife set was from 15 years ago as a wedding gift...maybe time to get a new set! Anyway the meat was just AWESOME tasting!!! :clap2: We all like the our brisket more chopped up anyway. I was so giddy about the results I snapped a few pics. My wife and kids enjoy my BBQ again. :thumb:

Attachments

• brisket pull.jpg
    brisket pull.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 191
  • brisket cut.jpg
    brisket cut.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 188
  • brisket cut2.jpg
    brisket cut2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 189
  • bowl brisket.jpg
    bowl brisket.jpg