• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CBJ Class

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey,

What would you recommend be brought to a CBJ class? Pen and pad? Is there a test involved?

Eric

Seriously, just bring an open mind and a willingness to learn. They will mostly teach how the judging process works and show how the entries are passed around and about what to look for as far as garnish, sauce puddling and marking. Taste is and will always be subjective. They will supply the materials. I would think that a pen would be all you'll need. Have a good time.

Just did mine 3/15/08, They provided a booklet with room for notes and a pen. You might bring a wet wipe, but only use after you are all done due to scents and any residual cleaner that might get on your fingers. No soda pop, gum, mints etc.

You really don't have to bring anything. They'll give you a booklet that pretty much says a lot of the information that they will be talking about. So, I didn't have to take any notes since all of the info I needed to remember was already written in the book.

The second half of the class you will be judging meat. They will provide pencils to mark down your scores. They will also provide bottled water to drink while doing all of this and plenty of paper towels to wipe your hands with. They also provided us with a clamshell container to carry any leftover food home.

So, you really don't have to bring anything with you. It's a fun four hours and the best class I had ever taken.

Back