• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

AllthingsBBQ, Yoder plant tour, Eclipse, youtubers...basically best trip ever!

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The title kinda says it all. T-roy and I traveled to Lincoln to meet Dan Robertson (SmokeyGoodness) and we watched the eclipse. It was one of the most amazing things I've seen in my life. There is some great coverage because we had 7 different cameras and swapped out footage.

Stay with it till the end though because when the guys at AllthingBBQ found out we (ok, mostly Troy. lol) were coming to town, Josh Cary arranged for us to have a tour of the plant. T-roy will have a full video of the tour soon.

Josh and his brother were both really nice guys and also very talented at what they do. They were filming a video (like a well oiled machine, by the way) with Chef Tom, and I got some clips of them doing their thing. We even got to jump in at the end of the video as "taste testers." lol.

This youtube thing is so surreal, y'all.

[ame]https://youtu.be/v43uUKgvids[/ame]

Awesome vid as always!

Hanging out with Tom at Atbbq alone must've been awesome. :thumb:

This eclipsed all of your previous videos. Great work as always. And it was nice to see a cameo appearance by the PBC!

Amazingly produced video as always. You can see the advancement of your talent from one to the next. I have noticed though that you have started using the super teenage girl music, and upbeat synth-y stuff quite a bit. It's awfully distracting to me, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority. I'd like to see you use some adult music, and I bet the videos would be even greater. Seriously though, they are really really good.

Great video, as usual, but, during the squinting at the beginning of the eclipse portion, I kept thinking about this.
man_file_1053383_backward-hat-shield-eyes.jpg

Amazingly produced video as always. You can see the advancement of your talent from one to the next. I have noticed though that you have started using the super teenage girl music, and upbeat synth-y stuff quite a bit. It's awfully distracting to me, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority. I'd like to see you use some adult music, and I bet the videos would be even greater. Seriously though, they are really really good.

I know. It's not my thing either but the level of complaints I get have dropped dramatically since I switched over. Music is tough because everyone has a preference and unfortunately you can't use anything anybody has ever heard of due to copyright. So the stuff you can use is pretty much made for youtube stuff and that means most of it is modern 2010's decade rock.

I guess you can thank Tayler Swift for that. :loco::-D

Great video, as usual, but, during the squinting at the beginning of the eclipse portion, I kept thinking about this.
man_file_1053383_backward-hat-shield-eyes.jpg

LOL. Yeah, I guess I could make up some sort of excuse about shadows blocking my face or something but I kinda think this is funny.

Enjoyed the video as always and so glad y'all had a great trip. Even though it was cloudy y'all had a really neat sunset/rise all around you. Isn't God's creation amazing? It's so neat that the only planet He put people on to enjoy it is the only one that has total solar eclipses! Keep up the good work.

Man I wish I knew you guys were in town. I would've come downtown to "meat" you. :thumb: BTW great video. I see you got to meet the owners, Don and Kathy. You also got the factory tour by the man himself, Joe Phillips. Josh, Justin and Tom are also great guys too.

Last edited:
Back