MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
coastal
Full Fledged Farker

IS a Jambo really worth it compared to something like a Lang? Were talking a $800 difference that is(what I would guess) largely attributed to him being featured on BBQ Pitmasters. You also have to think with the increase of orders he has had since that show..is he still working on every pit? Or is he having a team make them as fast as his demand?

I really have no inside knowledge on this but that would be the logical conclusion in my eyes.. that you are paying more for less since he gained some fame just like any other product that gets national recognition
coastal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Here is the link to Humprey pits
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/fo...play.php?f=110

Old 06-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I don't know if you saw this, but a member is trying to sell a Jambo backyard model in central Illinois.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=161611

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
uf300zx
Found some matches.

+1 for another vote on a Jambo. I have a stick burner (Big Hat) and came from a UDS and love cooking on the offset. I think I am getting better food and love the capacity of mine. Its true, you will need to spend a bit more time working the offset, but I think the results speak for themselves.
uf300zx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
Goddahavit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post
IS a Jambo really worth it compared to something like a Lang? Were talking a $800 difference that is(what I would guess) largely attributed to him being featured on BBQ Pitmasters. You also have to think with the increase of orders he has had since that show..is he still working on every pit? Or is he having a team make them as fast as his demand?

I really have no inside knowledge on this but that would be the logical conclusion in my eyes.. that you are paying more for less since he gained some fame just like any other product that gets national recognition

Not that i care but the lang 48 same size as the jambo 24x48 seems to be the same price to me?

Also its fn heavy so if your going to move it often better be ready...
Backyard Jambo
Stump's Stretch
Bubba Keg
Weber WSM
Old weber gasser
Goddahavit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
Mark Warren
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Not to add confusion to the discussion, but if you are set on an offset take a look at the Peoria cookers. they have a 24 x 48 backyard model that has an insulated firebox option.

http://www.peoriacookers.com/custom-...rd-cooker.html
I am Hooked! After watching the PowerFlashPoint presentation here -> Peoria Cookers 24 X 48 Backyard Cooker

It is the Perfect Smoker for my situation. I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains always and the Insulated Firebox with guru hookup to the monster vent, the Insulated Firebox Top grill opening, the dual Therms and dual front leg option as shown in the presentation by one guy that ordered it. This is going to be my end game smoker. I have already started saving for it and even tho I may be a year or two away from actually pulling the trigger, my search is finally over.

Thanks again Ron
Mark Warren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
bigdogphin
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Warren View Post
I am Hooked! After watching the PowerFlashPoint presentation here -> Peoria Cookers 24 X 48 Backyard Cooker

It is the Perfect Smoker for my situation. I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains always and the Insulated Firebox with guru hookup to the monster vent, the Insulated Firebox Top grill opening, the dual Therms and dual front leg option as shown in the presentation by one guy that ordered it. This is going to be my end game smoker. I have already started saving for it and even tho I may be a year or two away from actually pulling the trigger, my search is finally over.

Thanks again Ron
You may check out Yoders as well. SAMs northwest bbq in Sherwood sells them and would save you a ton in shipping if you bought one from him.

"Xquelibur" Black badazz Yoder Cimarron

Custom Yoder Frontiersman II and YS1500
Reverse FEC 100 & Right Handed FEC 100
1 UDS
Desert Thermapen W/ American flag
Green Thermapen
KCBS & PNWBA CBJ
bigdogphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
Mark Warren
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogphin View Post
You may check out Yoders as well. SAMs northwest bbq in Sherwood sells them and would save you a ton in shipping if you bought one from him.
I did look at those and many many others as well I have gotten a ton of PM's and looked around the threads pulling up on Google what everyone had in their signatures. I just wasn't happy with every aspect of each unit until I saw the Peoria Cookers. For me it makes the most sense and I am not so much looking to save money as I am looking to find the Perfect match for how I want to Smoke for the rest of my life in my own yard and garage situation. For me the search is over. I am a patient enough person where the wait is just all the more exciting when I finally get it. After all I waited 6 months for my Pilot Rock to be built and shipped to me. I paid near $500 for shipping right to my door, but I love it as a grill and it's always ready to go anytime I am. When I actually got it I waited another 3 months for the weather to clear so I could build the Brick structure it is now a permanent fixture in. The Great thing about the Peoria is even if I move it will go with me until my Dying days so I am all happy with knowing my search is over.
But Thanks for the help and the local reference.
Mark Warren is offline   Reply With Quote