it ain't Q...but its tasty too!!!

jasonalan724

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was diggin in the freezer and found an English Roast (Arm Roast) that i had got last time i picked up my beef from the co-op. I usually don't do roasts but you take what you get in the co-op.
DSCN0405.jpg

Fit perfectly in my dutchy!!!

DSCN0406.jpg

I made a simple white wine sauce with sugar, molasses, some ketchup, and some white cooking wine and a few spices and let it simmer for an hour...
DSCN0408.jpg

Sliced it and piled it high in some Ezekiel bread, sliced up some home smoked mild NY Cheddar, little corn starch to thicken the sauce and top it off.

DSCN0410.jpg

I think i can get into this a little more often than once a year from now on!

Co-oping beef forces you to cook cuts you normaly wouldnt buy, i suggest buying into a cow, or finding a meat CSA somewhere local, its great.

Open faced Pot Roast Sammie, hard to beat that!:eusa_clap

Good looking meal, I considered joining a meat CSA a few years ago and it was a good idea, but, the meat was not a winner IMO. I was looking into it again and it looks like a lot more options exist now. And one that offers many different types of meat as well.

Good looking meal, I considered joining a meat CSA a few years ago and it was a good idea, but, the meat was not a winner IMO. I was looking into it again and it looks like a lot more options exist now. And one that offers many different types of meat as well.

Yeah, ten years ago, in the north east, it was hard to get into buying a side of beef unless you knew the farmer, nowadays with co-ops and the internet you can easily get into some good grass fed local stuff. We try to eat atleast 50/50 meat. 50% of our yearly meat consumption comes from less than 50 miles away. Qing puts a kink in the local purchasing sometimes tho,

I LOVE to cook in Cast Iron!!!! Ain't nothin' better. Gonna do something this weekend on the Fire Pit with my Dutch Oven.
Looks GREAT!!!!!

Back