MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance
Default Where to find one of those LARGE pump injectors?

I was looking for one of those large injectors (the pump kind) with the
hose to the injection sauce. I found one on Jack's, for $175. Anyone
know of a place to get one for less?
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Vince RnQ
is One Chatty Farker

Do an internet search for "brine pump" and you'll find a number of links and a number of prices.
Vince RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Ahhh! I see. It's a Brine Pump, by F. Dick. That's the one.

THANKS.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
JUSTADDSAUCE
Got rid of the matchlight.

I have a no cents deluxe injector it was 68 plus shipping it has a ball valve and bigger holes for small stuff to pass into meat.
JUSTADDSAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

I have that brine pump.. used it one season and switched back to a 4 ounce injector. It is a really cool novelty though.

The brine bump is nice on bone in butts,and as long as your injection liquid is clean and clear its ok to use. But it clogs real easy, so anything in the injectate will render the pump a pain in the a$$.

it also has a tendancy to make brisksts explode. We(jorge and I) pumped one up one year with so much stuff that while it was cookin it just split in half. right down the center of the flat. To bad it was at a contest.

You cant use them on a bonelesss butt without getting injection all over the planet, but it will make a bone in butt inflate like a basketball. Same thing with a turkey breast.

Bottom line, is that unless your injecting something like clear apple juice or stock it plugs up. Most of my injections dont work in it. Anythig with any viscousity will also not pump(butchers for instance). The filter on the end is a super fine mesh. i have not tried removing the filter, as the instructions say the particles will lock up the check valve inside.

but defiantely a pretty cool novelty gadget. Use it occasionally. Expensive(i paid 140 i believe), but I got it................sitting in the drawer.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Hey Phil----send the novelty to me.
I will try to make it work!!!!!!!!

I personally own 2--one for a backup.
Brent owns 1 so we have 3 available, just in case!

As Pooh and others have said-you can not inject stuff that has any sort of chunks or particles in it.
Do not remove the filter! You can mess up the valves and it will cost ya about $68 to replace them.
Do not ask me how I know that!

Anyway, we pump briskets and butts with a quart or more of injection.
Blow them suckers up like a football
It works for us--may not for you.

We may, or may not, use Butchers, FAB, etc. All of them can increase the viscosity. I have heard it called "Blooming". At some level of thickness, you just need to dilute back or just rinse the filter a few times as you go.

Like I said though--I will be glad to adopt any F. Dick brine pumps that folks do not wanna use any more.
The least I can do

TIM

Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Gee kapn.. i knew I can count on you!

Whe we use it, we would make injection a 2 man job.. one guy injecting, the other holding the end in the injectate, then rinsing the filter when it clogs, and putting it back in the jug. We didnt use fab or butchers, but theres rub in the solution which wrecked the filter.. I also tried it with a butter based injectate, and that REALLY messed things up.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote