East Montgomery County Fair BBQ Cookoff

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just got back from this cook. It was a hard one for me. Very hot and humid on the black top right across from the carnival rides. 85 or so teams, we came a way with 5th place chicken no hits on the other meats. Dustaway hit 11th in ribs, they were very very good. I ate as many as I could before he chased me off. :rolleyes: It's really nice to have him as a neighbor at all these cooks even if he disturbs my beauty sleep going on about all this KCBS BS :p. We had many fun conversations through the night. The only disappointment was that his lovely wife didn't make any buttermilk pie. :sad: :wink:

I spent the night in Houston, dragged up this morning and I took the scenic route home through Conroe, Navasota, La Grange, Schulenberg and then west to San Antonio. Coincidentally Jorge called to chat as I was driving within a few miles of his new place in Navasota. I love that part of Texas, yes sir.

Next stop Kansas City. :-D

thanks Zilla for the kind words and I'll see what I can do in the pie area as for the kcbs stuff I Think you will have a totally different opinion after the Royal :-D good luck brother

Hey I thought you were going with us for the ride?

Back