Pitmaster X's - Crispy Roasted Pork Belly - Video

Thanks! The trick is it not getting burned but still have a crisp skin. To me thats the fun part, it allows me to play around with the meat. :grin:

Google: Craycort

Thanks for the brand of grate. That's probablynext on my list. If I don't have one of the elevated grates to brown the fat could I just put it directly on thegrate over really low heat?

One more question...what temp did you cook it too as well?

Last edited:
Thanks for the brand of grate. That's probablynext on my list. If I don't have one of the elevated grates to brown the fat could I just put it directly on thegrate over really low heat?

One more question...what temp did you cook it too as well?

If you don't have an elevetade grate, make sure that have the maximum amount of distance you can put between the skin and the coals.

If you do a standard setup than spread out the coals, so there won't be a grease fire.

400 degrees Fahrenheit

Maybe I could hold it up with a set of tongs...thanks for all the tips.
Btw I loved the background music in that video as well.

Gonna try this tomorrow but would like to purchase one of those elevated grates. Where did you find yours at? Thanks

Loved the video. I love POV videos, tells a Better story.
We need to get you some sharp knives brotha, I saw you sawing with that boning knife :twitch:

If you have eaten this you can never become a vegatarian.

I keep hearing about this vegetarian-thingy. Is this a disease you can catch? How much BBQ does it take to inoculate?

Looks delicious. Never had pork belly. Looks like pork loin but with fat :)

Already had some pork belly marinating in Char Shiu (sp)(the red stuff they do their ribs with), and not totally sure how to finish them. This helped a whole heck of a lot. Will try them again with out the marinade.

Back