Jucy Lucy

Been looking at Youtube. Man they look great. There is a make your own video.

My version is a pound of ground American Bison, 90/10, 8 slices of lean bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Put the bacon on a plate, cover with another plate, microwave until the bacon is real crisp. take the bacon out of the plate and cool the bacon and fat.
When the fat has cooled a bit, mix it into the ground meat, crumble the bacon and mix it in.

Make your patties, put a big hunka cheese on a patty, cover with another patty, seal the edges and grill.

Serve on a grilled pretzel or onion roll with whatever accessories you like best.

Chuck

My version is a pound of ground American Bison, 90/10, 8 slices of lean bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Put the bacon on a plate, cover with another plate, microwave until the bacon is real crisp. take the bacon out of the plate and cool the bacon and fat.
When the fat has cooled a bit, mix it into the ground meat, crumble the bacon and mix it in.

Make your patties, put a big hunka cheese on a patty, cover with another patty, seal the edges and grill.

Serve on a grilled pretzel or onion roll with whatever accessories you like best.

Chuck

Ya, your gonna fit in here just fine. :cool:

Its not as much cheese ass you would think. I have to travel for work to Minneapolis and Matt's is better than 5-8 club. We have made them with 1 piece of cheese that you would put on top, when cut in quarters is plenty of cheese for 1 Jucy Lucy. The only bad thing about them is the center is hot as fark, and you burn the top of your mouth no matter how many times they tell you.

Last edited:
I dated Juicy Luci in high school. That cheeseburger aint got nothin on her.

Back