• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "From the Heart" Throwdown!

Yes, Bill is feeling particularly gay in this TD, and I'm right there with him, feeling as gay as can be!

Yep!

SmokinWussie said:
I want us all to get along, so this TD is all about BBQ coming "From The Heart".

That's the title.

I'd love this TD to be about giving and loving. When you ask your family what they want to have to eat this weekend, and you're gonna fire up the smoker or your griller... "what would you like"!

Your family doesn't have to be just family. It's about what you consider to be family. You might be young and wanting to impress a new lover.

You might be older and (same rules may apply) but wanting to have a big family gathering.

It's just gotta come from your heart, husband to wife, wife to husband, children, grandparents, friends and aquaintences.

Smoke your hearts out for the people that mean so much to you.:grin:

I fixed this for you Bill.

Sweet category...

NTTAWWT...

:becky:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGslvYmEYyA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGslvYmEYyA[/ame]

This song is very fitting for this thread ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw"]3-Way (The Golden Rule) (feat. Justin Timberlake & Lady Gaga) - YouTube[/ame]

Okay, I'll bat in the lead-off spot.

This is tarhogs official entry, so says the evil moderator, who is now planning on what miseries will befall our poor beloved tarhog. I hate that moderator. What a dick tater.

Asked Wifey what she would like for dinner Sunday and she commented on how much she loves my ribs.

Ribs rubbed and ready with Famous Dave's Rib Rub.

100_1836.jpg

I got a slightly negative comment on Q-Talk about my choice of ingredients for my glaze. I used the last jar of plum preserves from last years batch that the Wife and I had a lot of quality time canning. I have never made a glaze before of any kind. So I winged it. It turned out great.
100_1840.jpg

Foiled up some red potatoes with butter and chives from our little garden.
100_1841.jpg

Ribs ready for foil.
100_1844.jpg

Finishing touches.
100_1848.jpg

100_1855.jpg

100_1847.jpg

Looking lovely.
100_1857.jpg

Plated.
The moderator has decided to use this photo instead as payment for having to edit tarhogs post.
100_1859.jpg

Please use this pic for the TD.
100_1861.jpg

I love living here.
100_1864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Entry tarhog but you should edit it on the TOP line to say that it is your OFFICIAL ENTRY for this TD. Just a heads up.

Yeah, me too, I think the choice of plum preserves is brilliant -- hearty and robust, just like ribs are. Really nice looking ribs, tarhog, and the rest of the plate, too. In fact, I like the plate itself, it's pretty and cradles your entry into "comfort food". What's under the bacon press on the grill?

I wonder, if we wanted to make smoked sea salt like you have a jar of, could we just put a dish of sea salt on the grill? Wouldn't that be a lovely addition to something?

Good show, tarhog!

Great job on the ribs man, I love this shot too. I hate to say it, but I thing the dick tater was right. :grin:

100_1859.jpg

Well, my nearest family member is 250 miles away, and all my friends live on the internet. :doh:

What to do, what to do?

Oh, wait -- I have an idea. But, I can't do any cooking until Saturday because I'm working too much right now.

This is going to be fun -- and may earn me another zero, unless deguerre sabotages it.

CD

Back