Jerky in my converted freezer

What temp are you drying , it needs to be low about 135 if I remember correctly, fans are a good idea

May i suggest hanging the jerky with toothpicks, you can get much more in there. And 160-70ish are good temps.

May I suggest send a pound or 4 here to help you get rid of it!

Looks great!

May i suggest hanging the jerky with toothpicks, you can get much more in there. And 160-70ish are good temps.

I started at 150 but changed it to 160 half way through. I did think about hanging them with skewers but I got lazy. Thanks for the pointer.

Very nice!! Looks like a good batch of jerky right there. I always make the temps hit 160, for safety purposes. Good option, having the fans in there.

That's great how did your fridge workout time wise. looks like you could do 20 lbs. at a time in that .

Looks awesome! How do you like the converted freezer? I've been thinking of doing one like that myself. Can I get some more pictures of the freezer and tips to converting it? It would be much appreciated!

I made me one many years ago from an old upright freezer, built a firebox for underneath and had a single stack at top with a fan inside to stack to do the drying after smoking. I just screwed some wood slats to the sides and had stainless rods going across to hang from. We I moved into a new house I left it at the old one.

Back