Uds tan liner

tmehlhorn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the tan or beige colored Liners in these drums. I've dealt with the dreaded red liner and it isn't worth my time it's epoxy phenol and is about impossible to remove I tried strippers and scraping and other methods with little progress are the tan liners epoxy based to? Or are they just a paint of some kind any help is appreciated

Any liner on a drum (except the see - through rust inhibitor on some) is bad business.

They will come out- if you burn them enough or have them sand blasted but they are no worth the hassle unless you live out where a good roaring fire won't attract "undue attention".

Go to the search bar at the bottom of the page
picture.php

enter "UDS tan liner", there will be a number of hits.

I've done one with a tan liner before. Just have burn the heck out of it and wire brush with a drill attachment. I think there have been a small amount of the liner left but nothing to be concerned about.

The liner is there because it is a food grade drum. The liner is FDA approved for food storage in the drum. The liner is no more toxic than the grates the meat cooks on in the drum. Wash it out, season it and cook in it. After a few cooks you won't be able to see it any way.

Back