Burns. WARNING!! Not a pretty picture!

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was removing a foil package that held a slab of BB's and apple juice from the smoker when the foil ripped open. I did a dance around the tent, made a hooker and a sailor blush, and got kicked outta my Church all at the same time! This is what I got as a gift. This picture is about 5 hours after it happened. This really made me think about putting together a real first aid kit of some sorts. In the past I only have three or four band aids on board for cuts.
burn_a.jpg

That my friend, looks very painful. Gonna be a while healing too.

By the way, that would not have been a "pretty picture" even if you had not burned yourself:shock:

Serioulsy, take care of that. Burns can get infected easily.

Man thats a nasty B.R.A. Bbq related accident for sure. Needs medical attention as thats considered a second degree burn. Go to the closest emergency room A.S.A.P.
Take it very easy and get well.

Mike

Damn! You need to get that taken care of........hope ya heal up fast.

That's a nasty one. A first aid kit probably isn't a bad idea, especially when you're messing around with fire (and adult beverages more often than not in my case). I need to put something together for that.

I think the first "first aid" for a burn is supposed to be water or Ice to cool the burn area down. I understand that the sooner you start cooling the area, the less tissue damage.

Maybe some of our medical pros will confirm this? Or correct me?

Ouch!! Aye, get yourself to the doctor ASAP. Infection in a burn is a nasty thing...

I think the first "first aid" for a burn is supposed to be water or Ice to cool the burn area down. I understand that the sooner you start cooling the area, the less tissue damage.

Maybe some of our medical pros will confirm this? Or correct me?

My mother just happened to be there. She is a nurse. We put ice on it immediately but it's kinda hard to keep it on there when you're needing to turn in your box of chicken and there isn't anyone with you that can do it besides yourself. I'm keeping it clean and keeping the SSD on it (Silver Suladiazine Cream). This is a prescription cream used to treat burn victims.

Silver Suladiazine Cream

You beat me to the punch.
I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my hands and torso about 20 years ago (PACDAD = Post Alcohol Consumption Dumb A$$ Disorder). This was the same stuff they treated me with (Silvadine). I do recall that after a few weeks, they told me to stop using it as at some point it begins to retard healing of the burns.

Very painful stuff. I feel for you, and hope you heal soon.

I was removing a foil package that held a slab of BB's and apple juice from the smoker when the foil ripped open.
burn_a.jpg
That looks bad, but three inches to the right, and three inches down and it would have been much worse.

A real-life example of the evils of foil :wink:

Oh brother! I'm so sorry that happened! Heal quickly! When I burned my hand really bad, I had to have it debreaded, and then put eucerin on it, I have very little scarring.....

DSC00326.jpg

I got this B.R.A. When I tried catching a falling pork roast over a year ago.
I used lots of vitamin E on it. No scarring whatsoever.
Heal well!

Dude, that's a nasty 1-2 degree burn. Keep up with the silvadine. Also pull up your pants, your plumbers crack is showing. :)

Dude, that's a nasty 1-2 degree burn. Keep up with the silvadine. Also pull up your pants, your plumbers crack is showing. :)

Naw Dude, that was his Belly Button.:mrgreen:

Seriously. DAMN! Just....Just.... DAMN!

Keep it clean, dry and keep the SSD on it for awhile. Don't pop the blisters, let them do it on their own.

Hang in there man, that is nooooo fun. The Silvadine is magic stuff though. Glad your mom was there to at least administer some care.

I think we have all done some damage to ourselves in the name of Que.... so we'll hope for your speedy recovery. I tried to take a finger off one year. It's funny you mentioned getting your chicken turned in. I was more worried about that too!!

Back