• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Homemade Chicken and Noodles!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It's been pretty chilly all day today and since I had the day off, I decided to make a big pot of homemade chicken and noodles. One of my favorite comfort foods when the weather is cold! :wink: Deboned two rotisserie chickens and used Reams Egg Noodles (THE best!). Cut up a lot of fresh carrots, celery and onion. Added garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper and dried chopped parsley. YUM! I powered down three full bowls at dinner... couldn't stop. :lol:

Last edited:
You deserve a hug for that meal ! Man that looks good.
Wife just called me a BBQ brethern hore. Thanks baby,

That will take the chill off on a cold day. Looks great. I was full from dinner but I would do a bowl of that in a heartbeat.

Mmmmmm.... looks sooooo gooood! :-D

I could use some of that! My computer desk is in the utility room off the back porch. I'm sitting here with a sweater on shivering. It's 50 degrees here! Feels like winter!

Looks good there Jeff - it's 53 here and damp. Had to pull the blanket out and shut the windows... Some chicken and noodles would do the trick.

That would have helped after I fired up the drum this morning. It would taken the edge off the 30F morning.

I have eaten probably a tanker trainload of chicken -n- noodle soup since I was a youngun. [a reallly long time ago] But I can think of few things better on a chilly day . Looks gooood... Hemi..:wink:

My grandma used to make egg noodles all the time and sell them. Her basement seemed to always have noodles drying all over the place, but they were the best. We'd have chicken & noodles with mashed potatoes (put the potatoes in a bowl, then top with the c&n). One of my all time comfort foods.

These look pretty tasty, too.

Those Ream noodles are the bomb. I did 18 drumsticks tonight for a practice run at a catering and am pulling the meat for soup also.

DSC07084a.jpg

Whoa, those are store bought noodles?? They look great. Mrs ~t~ can whip them out pretty fast, when I make noodles, the kitchen is a disaster. :mrgreen:

Already looking forward to lunch at work tomorrow. Wonder what I might have! :wink:

Back