*** 2018 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :) - Saturday, August 11, 2018

Recipe please? :thumb:

The recipe is only for people who show up :becky:

Andy, if you guys do get there before me, we have the shelter reserved all day, so kick any oneout if needed. The permit number is 52691. I’ll have a copy with me.

It’s never been an issue in the past, but just in case.

I won't be able to make it today. I have to go out of town for family business. Sorry for the late cancellation - I was looking forward to another shot of Maalort!

I won't be able to make it today. I have to go out of town for family business. Sorry for the late cancellation - I was looking forward to another shot of Maalort!

I’m sorry that you couldn’t make it Forest! I think Grabnabber had a shot of Malort for you! :p

Last edited:
For those wanting the filipino pork barbecue recipe, here it is.

Changes:
I did not use the dipping sauce which we only make occassionally.
I also did not baste with the banana ketchup/sesame oil combination, I'm just not a fan.
We had straight marinaded pork sticks, thats all.
For an 8# pork butt which was near 6# after removing the bone, which is what this recipe calls for, the measurements were too much. You could halve this recipe and it would still be plenty. I went by the recipe but cut the brown sugar and only 1/2 a 2liter 7up and it was still way too much.

Enjoy

https://www.kawalingpinoy.com/filipino-pork-barbecue/

Back