MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude
Default Turkey question

I read where "meathead" on that other site does not brine anymore. I started to brine turkey because of him years ago and have had such good luck I started doing chicken because some of the good Brethren on here do. Again with wonderful luck. My question is does anybody brine their turkey AND inject with either a chicken stock brine OR Tony's Cajun butter injection. Sorry for the questions but I'm getting EXCITED!!! It's almost TURKEY TIME! Any feedback is greatly appreciated and Happy Early Thanksgiving.....

Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I don't brine unless it is a fresh bird most birds are already brined at the processors. I do inject with Creole butter sometimes( good product) and sometimes I just melt some unsalted butter and steep some Tony C's in it and inject that. I never inject a bird that I have brined. Keep it simple and let old Tom be all he can be.

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
mrboy
Full Fledged Farker

Default Brine-it

Brine, 100% of the time... Tom is much tastier.
mrboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
Southern Home Boy
is One Chatty Farker

Beer brine, but no injection. If the bird is already "enhanced" (ie. pre-brined) I cut the salt in half. But I still use my other spices and sugar. And of course the beer adds a lot of flavor too.
Pro Q Frontier, UDS (Little Red), "Turtle Drum" UDS, CG Gasser KCBS CBJ#61160
Southern Home Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #5
sheepdad
Knows what a fatty is.

No brine here and injected only once. Only have 3 turkeys under my belt ( 2 on the OTS, 1 on the drum) and haven't had moisture problems and the flavor was to our liking. I must say that the injected one was done with a spicey chicken stock and was real good but not something that would go with the typical Thanksgiving fare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2