Griddles, which one and what are you doing with them

I chose Camp Chef, but I think either one would be great! There is also the Blue Rhino griddle available at Lowes to throw into the mix :-D

I did a lot of research and decided on the Camp Chef for a few reasons:
1. Individual ingiters (each burner has an igniter)
2. Fold down shelves
3. Come with grill grates in case I need a big, flat grill (unlikely :) )
4. Better wind-proofing

One the negative side, the Camp Chef is a little smaller, and it only has two wheels, but a friend on the BBQ Brethren found small wheels that screw into where the leveling feet go, and larger wheels for the other side.

I am really enjoying it and have cooked the usual smash burgers, fried cauliflower rice, omelets, etc. I still have it in the garage but will give it a home on our deck one of these days :-D

Blackstone is all I’ve owned so I can’t compare brands. 2 burner was to big for just wife and myself. Splattered grease attracted bugs always out taking space. Sold it and bought the table top 17". I store the base in the patio shed. I store the griddle top inside the Tiernan SOB34. Anytime I use the SOB I wipe down the griddle top and it rides out the shutdown heat. Stays looking like new. 17" fits our world. No more critters attracted to spills or unit itself, stored Out of the way, always ready to go, takes less than a minute to have it together and heating.

If you need a Jet you’re probably not going to be happy with a crop duster. The opposite is true as well.
Your needs may well determine your happiness more than brand.

Last edited:
I am another Camp Chef 600 owner. I love mine and use it quite often. I decided on it, over the BS, due to the removable top, basically giving me an gas grill for free. When the grand kids stay over in the summertime, the lovey to make their own pancake on the griddle and smash burgers are always required. I use mine a lot more then I thought I would when I first got it, they are very versatile.

I use a blackstone 36 - and I want bigger!!! It's not needed a lot but a 48 would make some days that much better. I know camp chef makes a 48 but I'm debating doing a more industrial cook top model and having propane run to it in an outdoor kitchen.

you could put a griddle deck over a gasser, could probably even retro fit something custom made in a shop

I love My 36" Blackstone but the 17" gets the most workout for the wife and I. The only down fall to either one is the wind, don't even try to cook outside if it is windy.

Which ever you buy get a steamer cover or 2, they make several different sizes

I have a 17" and 36" Blackstone. I really like the griddles. I can't say so much about their warranty department. It's an absolute mess. Definitely gives me second thoughts about buying any future products from them.

Back