Appreciation Dinner

Spydermike72

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
OK, Bubba and I are cooking tomorrow for about 80 folks that helped put on a festival in the hometown a few weeks ago. I am on the festival committee and at the wrap up meeting I was asked if we would cook pulled pork sammies for the appreciation dinner. Thinking maybe 20 people max I said sure... Well later in the week I was told there would be 100 people!! Still not a problem but taken aback. Well the total has come down to 80. So I got a case of butts today from Sams and here is what the beginnings of a great dinner looks like.

6 butts:

FWF2009011.jpg

All rubbed up and ready to go:

FWF2009013.jpg

The side dishes will be provided by another person on the committee. We are hoping to parlay this into more gigs, as most of the movers and shakers in my little hometown will be there. :mrgreen:

More pics tomorrow!!

I should be there about beer thirty, start without me if you must.

I can't believe you bought rub from the competition. :roll: :twisted:

wow you gotta cook all by yourself on your Birthday............

Ok thats why Bubbas drinking

OK, yesterday was a crazy day. While I was expecting a slow work day I thought I would be able to take more pics than I was able to. Work was crazy...

So, here is a couple of pics going on the Lang at about 7:45am:

FWF2009014.jpg

FWF2009015.jpg

and now pics of the setup, not the best pics but you may get the gist of the setup. This was a group effort on the dinner, so the cookies you see are from Sam's club and were bought by the Chamber.

FWF2009016.jpg

FWF2009017.jpg

And here is a pic of the satisfied customers after dinner and the presentation was going on:

FWF2009018.jpg

Handed out lots of cards, got lots of compliments and hopefully get a few follow up jobs from this. Overall it was a lot of fun and got our name out there some more.

Nice going Mike.
Looks like a great time for the folks and some great Q.
Hope the good word continues to spread.

Looks like you did a great job Mike... To bad Bubba couldn't help....

Back