• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib roast

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello,

I picked up a 3 lb boneless rib roast at our local store. Now I'm debating to cook it on my kettle rotisserie high heat or around 275 on my ceramic. I'm leaning towards rotisserie any input would be appreciated. This will be my first rib roast so I hope it turns well.

Thanks

Last edited:
I tend to favor low heat for rib roast. Actually, it's about the only thing I cook at 225*. There's information in this thread here and some examples:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96828

Three pounds is a bit small though. I'd almost just grill that as a steak. :hungry:

Since I expect lots of rib roast pics, I may as well get it started.

IMG_4578.jpg

Rib roasts are really easy to do! Don't worry, I'm sure yours will be great (and don't forget to post pron).

Thanks and that looks awesome. I was out picking a few things up at the store. I saw that 3 pound roast for $18 so I figured what heck I'll buy it. My next one will be a big one for Christmas. I'll get that at restaurant depot.

For many years I have cooked them with High heat at 350°. But I have been studying
the Science of cooking big roasts, and Turkeys etc. with low heat (as Gore stated
above) and while a roast cooked with High heat will come out very good. With low
heat you will get a much more even doneness from the outer crust, to the center.

See how Gore's roast looks in his post......then do a Reverse Sear to crisp up the
outer crust. This method should give you a nice Medium Rare (or whatever) all the
way from the center of the roast, to the exterior.

I tend to favor low heat for rib roast. Actually, it's about the only thing I cook at 225*. There's information in this thread here and some examples:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96828

Three pounds is a bit small though. I'd almost just grill that as a steak. :hungry:

Since I expect lots of rib roast pics, I may as well get it started.

IMG_4578.jpg

Rib roasts are really easy to do! Don't worry, I'm sure yours will be great (and don't forget to post pron).

Gore... Thanks for the input and the link... I have an 8 pounder in the freezer left over from the last holiday weekend sale I have been itching to do up. I'm going to use the tips and tricks from this link to prepare it with. :thumb::becky:

Back