Cambro GoBox

Jousting Pigs

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Cambro GoBox EPP400 made out of Expanded Polypropylene? I like that they are lightweight, 9.5lbs vs 47.5lbs for a UPCS400, but will they stand up to abuse?

I'm just seeing these after searching it reading your post. It looks nice but for $175 I think I'd go toward a Carlisle Hotbox or CaterGator vs seeing if the Gobox will stand up to abuse.

The weight was the biggest factor in my interest, but they do seem expensive for styrofoam. I have a couple Carlisles already and may just get a few more.

More than just Styrofoam, very tight fitting front door and the hasps actually apply compression. I have two and thought after I bought them I made a bad choice when they arrived. Both have held up well.

I use the foil steam pans from Sam's club with the lids. They slide nicely and if you have the tray slammed full the top will support the bottom of the next tray. If I remember right you can get 5 of those trays in with 2 heat pellets if you chose to use them.

That's on the average 100 - 110 LBS of product. They work equally well for cold items.

More than just Styrofoam, very tight fitting front door and the hasps actually apply compression. I have two and thought after I bought them I made a bad choice when they arrived. Both have held up well.

I use the foil steam pans from Sam's club with the lids. They slide nicely and if you have the tray slammed full the top will support the bottom of the next tray. If I remember right you can get 5 of those trays in with 2 heat pellets if you chose to use them.

That's on the average 100 - 110 LBS of product. They work equally well for cold items.

Dude, sounds great to have them bigger and lighter than a regular cambro. How long have you used them?

I’ve been using this one by Thermo Hauser just like this one for the last two year and I have a Cator Gator Hot Box. Can’t find a thing wrong with the Thermo Hauser, prefer it over a hot box if I need to move it somewhere. More than equal to traditional hot box’s.

Attachments

• 18E5B780-6FCC-41A0-997D-A2A290874EF2.jpg
    18E5B780-6FCC-41A0-997D-A2A290874EF2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 170
Back