flanken beef ribs in the dark

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I guess its sorta Korean style bbq. marinated and grilled thin slices of beef. Friday is normally steak night, this is a close substitute.

a cold front came through today and brought some wind. when I got home with the beef the power was out.

I didn't know how long the power would be out so I grabbed a few things out the fridge as fast as I could for a marinade.

I realized the ice in the ice maker was gonna melt, dont want it to go to waste. no flash battery is low on the phone. sitting at 9%. got the ballgame on the dewalt batrery powered radio.

fired up the kettle with the last of my lump. added some asparagus for a side. grilled a few minutes per side

the cook was only a about 6 minutes but when I came back in I was happy to see the power restored.

How did the marinade do with it being a short one? Also glad to see you don’t have an arsenal of just electric cookers :heh:

How did the marinade do with it being a short one? Also glad to see you don’t have an arsenal of just electric cookers :heh:

the beef soaked for just over an hour. the meat was thin and I stabbed it with a fork some. the flavor came through better than I thought it would. the marinade was pretty good for just whipping up with random ingredients

my turn to the dark side is nearly complete. I never would have guessed I would be the brethren champion for electric cooking. between my toaster oven and the traeger it must seem like I never shut up about cooking plugged in.

Back