The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Ironside Smokers

Notices

Ironside Smokers We make insulated cabinet smokers designed to run on straight wood or charcoal. Our smokers provide you with the flavor of a stick burner and the convenience of an insulated cabinet. We are located in Wisconsin, however we can ship nationwide.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #1
Stilly
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Stilly
Default Review of my new Ironside CDR Cabinet Smoker

Hey folks,

Just received my Ironside Smoker CDR last week and wanted to share my thoughts if someone is in the market for their first or last smoker...

I've been grilling & smoking for close to 30 years. The last 10 rather serious and have constantly been trying to up my game. The last 4 smokers were a Komado Joe, a Yoder YS640 and a couple of older Traegers. I wanted to get back to a real smoke flavor that I've only gotten from stick burners years ago, but my hectic schedule has been better suited to pellet grills. So basically I wanted the smoke flavor of a stick burner, but the ability to relax overnight on long brisket cooks.

I got in touch with Jeff & Pete at Ironside. They have a series of extremely heavy duty cabinet smokers that can use just wood, just charcoal, or a combo of the 2. I was in constant communication with these guys to get the exact smoker I was after. Mine has a large welded in water pan that can be filled from outside the smoker. They made me an additional rack for jerky and ribs, as well as 2 sausage racks. Both guys bent over backwards for me to customize my smoker for my needs. I have to say this thing completely surpassed what I was after as far as quality of smoke, control of temps, ease of use, & especially flavor! My other smokers are gathering dust now. Thank you Pete & Jeff @Ironside Smokers! (Apologies for the sideways photo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-03-10%2018.49.13_zpsoxe1pytx.jpg (61.6 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-03-08 11.06.38.jpg (49.6 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-03-08 14.20.28.jpg (47.9 KB, 202 views)

Old 03-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #2
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

Man oh man does that look good! Thanks for the kind words Stilly!

Smoke Syndicate
BBQ team
Insulated vertical smoker
34" x 72" Custom Build "Slag"
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Stilly

Thank you guys for my last smoker! You guys build some amazing smoking machines!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
Anthodavis
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Anthony

How you liking the ironside. Any suggestions on any changes you wish you made?
Anthodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
Stilly

Loving it! I just wish I would've gotten it sooner! Not one thing I would change.....
Message me with anything else. I'm happy to send more pics but would be easier in an email than here.....
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
93_confirmed
Full Fledged Farker

What does a unit like that one cost?
93_confirmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #7
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_confirmed View Post
What does a unit like that one cost?
Pm sent

Smoke Syndicate
BBQ team
Insulated vertical smoker
34" x 72" Custom Build "Slag"
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #8
barq59

Great looking bbq and smoker. Was wondering how the smoke and heat get into the cooking chamber and how the cooker can maintain temps in a small range top to bottom?
barq59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #9
cubbiehawkbbqfan
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Troy

My question to you would be, with the water pan, do you feel the bark is like your older memories? The reason I ask, is I’ve been looking at the insulated cabinets and I want to make sure the bark isn’t softer...which I’ve heard from some. So, it worries me a little bit. I had been looking at used Myron’s, and also the Ironside or T&K because they’re so close, with me being in Iowa. So, just wondering if you feel the bark is like an offset? Thanks in advance.
cubbiehawkbbqfan is offline   Reply With Quote