MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Default Rack of lamb on the hibachi

Couldn't seem to let go of some great lamb cooks I've seen recently, so I had to do one.

Bought a rack of lamb and marinated for 4 hours in EVOO, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, lime juice, cayenne,and balsamic vinegar.

Fired up the cast iron hibachi with one chimney full of lit briqs and seared for 5mins on each side, then moved it to the cooler side to finish. Pulled it when it hit about 125, and let it finish on a heated cast iron plate, tented with foil.

Grilled up some zucchini, squash, parsley, with EVOO, salt and pepper next. Heated up 2 cast iron fajita plates, added EVOO, then garlic. Once the fajita plates were hot, I moved the veggies to them to finish cooking.

Served the chops with tzatziki sauce (Alton Brown's recipe) but replaced the mint with dill. Sorry no shots of the plated veggies and the sauce, since the couple of Balvenie's were catching up with me, and we were starving! The lamb was superb.

I fired up the hibachi, since I feel it's been neglected for a while. Its a really neat little cooker and I almost forgot how much fun it can be.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
BobM
Babbling Farker

That looks great, nice job!

Sent from my Android phone.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Very nice cooking going on there!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

The lamb looks perfect!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
TIMMAY
is One Chatty Farker

Looks great!
TIMMAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
The lamb looks perfect!
I'm not embarrassed to say that it was. Haven't eaten lamb chops in a long time, and good golly these were some of the best I have had. My wife bit into the first one and said, "No wonder we don't go out to eat that often!" They were great with the tzatziki sauce, which was very simple to make.

I made half the recipefor the 2 of us. The cucumber was grated, salted and left to drain for about an hour, as was the yogurt. Squezed the water out of the cumcbers then added to the mix. Added extra garlic and dill instead of mint. Added about a half teaspoon of sugar too.

From Alton Brown:
Tzatziki Sauce:

16 ounces plain yogurt
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
Pinch kosher salt
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
5 to 6 mint leaves, finely minced
Place the yogurt in a tea towel, gather up the edges, suspend over a bowl, and drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint. Serve as a sauce for gyros. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.

Yield: 1 1/2 cups
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
mbshop
Babbling Farker

very nice indeed ! got me lookin longer than i normally do.