• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roots & Blues & BBQ Festival, Columbia, Mo - Oct 3rd & 4th, 2008

lazyjacres

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I just talked to the contest organizer and she said she has the contest full at 57 teams, but may go ahead and let in 3 more that are on the waiting list.
I guess the Royal didn't hamper her attendance.

We will be there!

Who else is coming?? I know York is. He and I have a litle side wager. He swears Columbia hates him, and I've done 0 contests this year. Could be a battle to see who sucks the least!

Last edited:
Lit and Loaded will be there - Since that means Brian will be there, bring your rain gear!

If it gets too cold I might have to bunk with Jamie.

I'll be walking around, checking out the sights, sounds and smoke. I'd like to try to get by to visit as many folks as possible to introduce myself and get to know some of you guys.

Help me figure out who is who. What team names correlate to what bbq-brethren site names? I checked the official website and I couldn't find a list of competitors.

Are any Brethren vendors selling product at this event??? I'd prefer to drop my coin at your place as opposed to a strangers. :-D

Judging.

Buddy Guy, Ruthie Foster, and barbecue. It came down to a two-headed coin toss between Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ and the Royal. Shoot, I even resorted to best-of-three.

Couldn't be much wetter than the cook that I did on Saturday. Got 4.82 inches of rain while cooking a 130lb hog.

We wished the dates could have been different!!! Team Q will be at the Royal trying to take the wind out of the Belly Brothers Sails!! Sounds like a great contest!! Best of luck to all rhe MOFO's!! We will see you all at Paws-N-Claws!!

Spice

Does anyone have a team list or can get a team list??? I know Blaster BBQ will be there. Good luck to anyone that is going...If you want a good vendor to buy food from go to Lutz's BBQ he will have 2 stations set up.

I too wish the date was different from the AR...........the TV ad states they expect somewhere around 70,000 people.......and the Roots and Blues festival has popped into the top 10 of events not to miss.

Me....I gotta go to the Royal and make sure Jay has his butts on by midnight.....got a new digital cam, takes good movies....maybe I can catch Jay doing the hippy hippy butt puttin' on shake.......anyone care to donate a keg to the cause?

Have fun guys cooking Roots and Blues, and do the Brethren proud!

The Muddy River Boys will be there. Gonna be interesting since I will be doing a catering that Saturday as well.

Cant wait to see everyone.

Clint

Good luck to all who attend this event. I can add to the list of folks who wish this contest was on a different date. It was an awesome event last year when the bank ran it. I hope it will again be great. We'd love to cook it again in '09.

Rod

P.S. - I led the charge to convince them they were picking the wrong date and going up against the biggest event in the country. Man was I wrong. Good for them!

Back