*** Team BigBarryQ - West Islip, NY

MrsBigBarry

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
BigBarry and I are looking to expand our team. If there is anyone in the area who is interested in competing, but either doesn't have all the equipment needed or doesn't want to do it alone, please get in touch with one of us.

Thanks,

Trish

Team Members:
BigBarry - Greg
MrsBigBarry - Trish

We have only had one walk for Pork Butt but we are taking the contests seriously and hope to keep the winning going!

We are looking to expand our team. Anyone is welcome to join us at the regional contests we compete in within a 300 mile radius from Long Island. We will mentor with what we have learned in 2 years of competing and from classes, this forum and research.

Someone who is genuinely interested in learning, modifying and contributing to the techniques and best practices that are needed to succeed in competition BBQ.

Your smoker is welcome!

Send a PM anytime!

Typical events we will hope to compete in:

New Paltz, NY
Yardley, PA
Sayville, NY
Westport, CT
Norwalk, CT
New Jersey

KCBS Members

Last edited:
Hope you can find someone compatable. That's always the hardest part, but it's soooo nice to have the help. Good luck Brother and Sister. If you really get desperate I guess I will have to fly up and cook with you. Better have plenty of beer!!!:wink:

I can whole-heartedly say that going beyond two people on a team will make a HUGE difference in the enjoyment you get out of competing. When Johnny and I did a duo act, we would be so exhausted by the time the last box was turned in we could barely stay awake through the awards presentation.

This season we added Warren (another fine cook) as our box builder and runner and Bobby (who doesn't cook) who acts as bartender, clean-up guy and all around gopher. It's amazing how much more fun contests are when you get a little sleep and have extra help with the tedious chores.

I can whole-heartedly say that going beyond two people on a team will make a HUGE difference in the enjoyment you get out of competing. When Johnny and I did a duo act, we would be so exhausted by the time the last box was turned in we could barely stay awake through the awards presentation.

This season we added Warren (another fine cook) as our box builder and runner and Bobby (who doesn't cook) who acts as bartender, clean-up guy and all around gopher. It's amazing how much more fun contests are when you get a little sleep and have extra help with the tedious chores.
Same here. The last 2 contests we added 2 more and even my wife has been helping out and the results have shown it. I am doing a very light schedule next year so Barry I am available for anything from now until New Holland August 2009. I just wont do chicken unless I have to

Same here. The last 2 contests we added 2 more and even my wife has been helping out and the results have shown it. I am doing a very light schedule next year so Barry I am available for anything from now until New Holland August 2009. I just wont do chicken unless I have to

ROFLMAO!!! Love the "new" avatar!

Thanks - we'll talk. I would love the help if you are interested in the roadtrip. Talk soon.

Why you scaling back? It seems my schedule doubled. I could use some help too! Team Big-R2-In Da Eye(dot com)?

Grillin on Da Bay (?)
Oyster Bay, NY
Monmouth County, NJ
New Paltz, NY
New Holland, PA
Westport, CT
American Royal
Sayville, NY
and a possible new contest on LI?

Why you scaling back? It seems my schedule doubled. I could use some help too! Team Big-R2-In Da Eye(dot com)?

Grillin on Da Bay (?)
Oyster Bay, NY
Monmouth County, NJ
New Paltz, NY
New Holland, PA
Westport, CT
American Royal
Sayville, NY
and a possible new contest on LI?
You forgot Salisbury,MD
Troy,NY
Harpoon,VT
Norwalk, CT
The Jack:wink:

i'm looking for some help in being a little more consistant with my cooking. so maybe i could hookup with someone here to help out.

I'm looking to add a team member(s) or even help another established team just to get more experience. Barry's post is setting the wheels in motion. Do you NEBS guys have a schedule for '09 already?

Back