• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket freezing

Garth57

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Farmers market was rained out today. I now have 45 lbs of cooked brisket to deal with. I already put the pork in freezer bags. Can I do the same for brisket? Slicing first, I assume. This will be for personal consumption, not reuse for next weekends market.

Hey Bill,

We were in the same boat. 24 pounds of brisket and 30 pounds of pork cooked with no place to sell it. We sliced the brisket, put in bags, and then froze, just like pork.

Darn rain.

Oh that's wrong we were on our way over to help you get rid of some of that brisket, and I heard you didn't make it. We are right down the street bring it buy and you wont have that need to freeze problem anymore.

brisket

Thanks Big Range for your very generous offer!! I am down to 30 lbs now. Took some samples to some local business just before lunch. Gave each business couple lbs of PP and Brisket, mac/cheese, potato salad, sauce. Both places asked me to leave cards for their customers. They will recommend me to them. Local barbershop and my wife, daughters hair salon. Tried going to local shelter earlier, where I had previously donated my stuff due to rain out, and they said I needed to call first, before donating.

Great idea Bill about the businesses, did not even think of that.

Will keep it in mind for next time.

Pete

Thanks Big Range for your very generous offer!! I am down to 30 lbs now. Took some samples to some local business just before lunch. Gave each business couple lbs of PP and Brisket, mac/cheese, potato salad, sauce. Both places asked me to leave cards for their customers. They will recommend me to them. Local barbershop and my wife, daughters hair salon. Tried going to local shelter earlier, where I had previously donated my stuff due to rain out, and they said I needed to call first, before donating.

Yup...just vacu-suk it and freeze it...do it all the time. :cool: I usually freeze it in one lb bags to use in other recipes such as chili and fajitas.

I don't slice mine when I have left overs I feel that when you slice it you are going to release a lot of precious juice that will be needed when re-heating the product,

Yeah, what JD said. I always vacuum seal and freeze it. I reheat in the bag in simmering water for about a half hour and it turns out just fine. Slicing it before freezing will definately dry it out. Only time i slice it is when I have enough jus left over and I'm giving it to someone. Most people I give it to don't have big granton knives to slice it propperly and would probabbly slice it with the grain anyway. So I slice it, throw some liquid in, vacu-pack & freeze.

Back