Trash Removal

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
What is the standard for removal of trash when you cater say a buffet style BBQ dinner? Do you as the caterer remove and dispose of all filled trash cans or is this left for the client? Just trying to see what the normal arrangement is.

Thanks

Ruben

My simple rule of thumb is if there are trash cans on-site, which I ask up front, I let them know they own the disposal. If not, I add to the price of the job. Like everything, add it to the question list so no surprises on-site.

I have it written into my contract that I provide the trash bags but it is their responsibility to have the trash removed.

I take my own trash with me (trash I generate while cooking - foil pans, meat trimmings, paper towels, etc), unless there's a dumpster or something nearby.

Paper plates, scraps from peoples plates, etc can stay with the host if you ask me. Generally, if I'm not filling up a garbage bin, I'm not dealing with the garbage in that bin.

Garbadge is always an issue,I make sure that the facility has a recycle and garbadge area that we can use. If they dont we haul it back. In most cases other than a park they ahve big dumpsters.

Im in Oregon and the recylce and green disposal is a huge issue so we make sure and have both out where the customer can see that we do recycle and seperate the refuge.

Big Mike

On small events I take care of it. Larger events I only deal with what I make. Any trash that comes home gets taken to the pub and deposited in the bin out back. As one of our HD requirements we need a commercial contracted disposal... I give the pub landlord a free meal in payment.

:cool:

Back